Gibson Brands Forums

50's style wiring in a Dot Studio

pmic

Has anyone done a 50's style wiring mod to their Epiphone Dot Studio? I am thinking of trying it out. The studio only has one tone and volume pot, with the 3 way toggle between the two. The big question is do you switch the toggle switch with either the tone or volume pot place, so the two can be closer together allowing the Cap will reach between the two?

N_DOTSTU1.jpg

Has anyone done a 50's style wiring mod to their Epiphone Dot Studio? I am thinking of trying it out. The studio only has one tone and volume pot, with the 3 way toggle between the two. The big question is do you switch the toggle switch with either the tone or volume pot place, so the two can be closer together allowing the Cap will reach between the two?

N_DOTSTU1.jpg

I've seen people switch them around before.

Thanks LPS1976, for the quick response. Im new to this board. Hello everyone. I've gone thru a few different pickup combinations for my Epi Dot Studio, and for budget reasons I am switching back to my original epiphone pickups. I've gotten the bridge pickup (Hotch) in a good place, I replaced the A5 magnet w/ an A8. I now would like to explore the possibilities for a better neck pickup sound. I keep reading about the 50's wiring, and figured I might try this out, before modding anything else on the actual pickup (besides raising pole pieces). Does this seem like a good idea?

For what it matters, I play Indie rock.

Archived