Gibson Brands Forums

has anybody seen the J200 Junior "Montana Rose"?

Dotneck

I'm wondering how wide is the body? The description says its a J-200 in a parlor sized guitar. Of course, parlor can mean just about anything. The videos I've seen of guys playing one and it still looks kind of large...

There is one at Wildwood

it is exactly the same size as a J185. the only dimension difference is that the 185 is 24 3/4 scale length and these are 25 1/2.

Thanks Keith. That might be the biggest parlor guitar I've ever seen. I like a 185 but one of the things I like about a 185 is the short scale fretboard.

(I'm only kickin' tires but are you allowed to pm a price to me? Looks like you have one...)

gary

Thanks Keith. That might be the biggest parlor guitar I've ever seen. I like a 185 but one of the things I like about a 185 is the short scale fretboard.

(I'm only kickin' tires but are you allowed to pm a price to me? Looks like you have one...)

gary

PM sent!

-Keith

• 3 weeks later...

It will be mine...soon.

\:D/

Nice, Gary! I have a 'thing' for J-200Jrs too, and actually played a 'rose' edition recently.

The J-185 feels like my "jeans n' sneakers" guitar -- maybe it's the short scale and the slightly plainer appointments...?

And the 200Jr seems a little more precise, and seems like an "uptown" guitar.

In terms of playability, I find it fairly easy to move between the two guitars, but the 185 always seems just a little bit more friendly.

J-200JrJ-185.jpg

I hope you'll like the Rose; I'll be interested to hear what you have to say about it.

Fred

I hope you'll like the Rose; I'll be interested to hear what you have to say about it.

Fred

Hi Fred...

I've seen that photo of yours before. Those are gorgeous. And I remember you telling the story about trying to get the color just right....

Mine should be here tomorrow. Should be fun. My 185 is a rosewood/spruce custom shop job. I'm interested to compare the two. I don't have any maple guitars and haven't for a while. I consider this one a 185 varietal although its really a tweener/different model with the J-200 neck....

I was sold when I saw the red finish. Been keeping my eye out for one since I saw a cherry red J200 a few years ago. My first guitar was a cherry red harmony rocket in the mid-60s. I feel like I'm going back to my childhood. I tried to deny my gas but then got worried that this one might sell and I'd spend another 40 years looking for another one. And then I realized there wasn't enough time to look forty more years. So here we are....

BTW...where did you see the Rose edition?

Ha! I wondered about that too! :rolleyes:

I put on about 3000 miles in two weeks, and looked at guitars in Edmonton Alberta and in Bozeman Montana. So I either saw and played it and Long/McQuade in Edmonton, Mhyre's Music Edmonton, or the Gibson plant in Montana. My money's on L&M Edmonton. I stopped in at MV in BZN but I am fairly sure that I only googaggled over a J-45 with heat-treated top.

Fred

Archived