Gibson Brands Forums

Stepping up to an F-9

I am excited to announce that I have purchased a near mint 2010 Gibson F-9. It is driving me crazy while I wait for this beauty to arrive Friday from GA. I am on the west coast. While I wait, can someone help me find the specs of this earlier version? I can find pics, but more than that, I would like to know what the description and specs are for my original version of the F-9. Thank you for this forum. I usually participate in the Epiphone Lounge.

From what I've read, in 1996 Gibson moved the Bluegrass division from Montana to Nashville and returned to building the instruments to the original specs. This is when Bruce Weber went off on his own.

Unless they've changed something it should be the same as listed on their site.

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Acoustic-Instruments/Mandolin/Gibson-Custom/F-9.aspx

You may want to contact them if it doesn't match up to what's listed.

Hope you like it.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys! I am really enjoying it so far. I am just getting back to the forum, due to wearing out my fingers playing my Gibson instead of writing! It has a full, deep sound, lots of punch and a great chop/bark! I tried steel wounds and they weren't my taste-- a bit stiff to play and dull sounding. I switched to a set of GHS Phos Bronze Lts and its sound is ringing with sustain and sweet woodiness! I will load some pics soon after I get them in photobucket. Thanks again!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived