Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Dove Artist

alanbakewell

Nice to have you on the fourm...........I own a Dove, but I'm far from an expert on the Artist model. I've heard a huge number of good reports on the Hummingbird Artist and Pro, so I'm assuming it would be similar regarding The Dove Artist. This guitar is a full-fledged Gibson and I imagine it sounds very good. Some of the specs for the Dove Artist will likely be different from The Dove, but the Dove Artist is its own guitar and a good one.............If the price is right, you're likely considering a very nice instrument. You might check this forum for threads dealing with The Dove Artist.

I believe this is the Songwriter body, correct? So it's probably "just" a Songwriter, long-scale, sitka/maple?

So you could look for information on maple/spruce Songwriters, if there have been any??

The Songwriters in general are well-regarded. I think the Hummingbird Artist is also long-scale (!) and based on the Songwriter body, so I suppose one could also say this Dove Artist is probably the same as the Hummingbird Artist, just with maple instead of mahogany.

I could be correct about any, all or none of this...

Jesse, I don't know. Having owned a Songwriter Deluxe Custom, I think the body

on the Songwriter was a tad smaller.

Relic 58. That's the one. Except mine, ( I bought it yesterday ), is left handed.

It's a 1999 model and plays great. I'm well pleased with it.

Thanks for your input guys, it's appreciated.

Cheers, Alan.

• 4 months later...

Archived