Gibson Brands Forums

2010 Gibson Les Paul Studio value?

240SX

Just a heads up man...he's trading you that SG because they were just on sale at Best Buy here in Canada for $200. They put them on a final clearance price and I missed out :(.

Not to say they aren't both great guitars, but he's probably hoping you didn't know that...

Best Buy sells SG's for $200? I didn't know Best Buy sells guitars period. Who can sell SGs for $200? How much is a Cadillac at Best Buy?

Studio prices vary. Faded Studios cost less. Nitrocellulose cost more. Prices on used faded Studios are pretty low. $800 is a lot for a used faded Studio. Might be a lot for a nitro Studio too.

These two guitars may be similar in value. Go play the SG. If you like it get it if he will swap but $900 is too high.

Just a heads up man...he's trading you that SG because they were just on sale at Best Buy here in Canada for $200. They put them on a final clearance price and I missed out :(.

Not to say they aren't both great guitars, but he's probably hoping you didn't know that...

Actually I'm the one with the SG's and I told him that I got them on clearance and he's good with that.

$900 is way up at the top of the range in my opinion. I can walk into GC right now and almost get one new for that. Almost. Of course I'm not sure of the exchange rate, so understand I'm talking about U.S. dollars here. Like someone else said, without the hardshell case, $500-$600. The tribute SG is about $699 new these days, which means you can probably get them for less in a store if you haggle. I'd hazard a guess that really, it's close to even money on that trade. My advice, swap even with no cash. It doesn't matter what you actually paid, what matters is what the new/used market really is on that item.

$900 CDN is $680 USD. The guitar has a decent amount of scuff on the top edge of it. I'm wondering if I should hold out yet for the right studio model. I love the new 2015 Studio in Manhattan Blue but I'm not a huge fan of the robo tuners. That one I can get brand new for $1300 CDN.

Archived