Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson 2016 guitars already at Guitar Center

Rabs

So I spotted this....

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/gibson-les-pauls/346614-2016-spotted-guitar-center.html

So apparently if you live near a guitar centre you can go check them out for yourself.

Gone are the auto tuners and stupid wide necks.. and it looks like the faded series is back.. I guess it wont be long now till we get the official details of next years line up.

10_n_zpst8uexzc0.jpg

183_n_zpsifbrzt9h.jpg

Hows this SG look to you CB? :)

9036_n_zpsytqw1r8m.jpg

Halleluiah \:D/ (sorry Searcy ;))

1659642963_n_zpsy9fbxlzi.jpg

8465637_n_zpsimjwjs4f.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is happening all over. A TV commercial last night said "Come and see the 2016 model cars". Skis are next. Ski shops will put out their 2016 stock starting in September. I wonder if the Christmas advertising will begin before Halloween.

I'm very old fashioned. Not an obsessed consumer. When I was young, all stores, except the corner grocery stores were closed on Sunday and there was a bylaw saying no organized sports could be played on Municipal fields before noon on Sunday. I think the intent was to enable families to go to church on Sunday morning.

As it is, I'm not suffering from GAS, but I do appreciate the picture of the $2799 Les Paul.

So I spotted this....

http://www.mylespaul.com/forums/gibson-les-pauls/346614-2016-spotted-guitar-center.html

Hows this SG look to you CB? :)

9036_n_zpsytqw1r8m.jpg

Better, without the 2015 appointments. But, alas, it doesn't appear to have the original wider/deeper beveling or horn tapering.

Still, if you're not so concerned about that, it's a nice looking SG! Besides, everyone (here) knows how "picky" I am, about SG's! LOL

My "Kirk Douglas" SG Custom has the "batwing" pickguard, but still retains the early '60's bevels,

and horn tapering. So, I don't think it's because of the return to the "batwing," in 2016, effecting

the beveling/horn tapering. Maybe Gibson decided that 3 years, of "correct" bevels and horn tapering

was enough? LOL! I wonder if they're going to offer the SG "Standard" in both styles..."Batwing" and

the smaller '61 style pickguard, WITH the proper beveling/horn tapering? [tongue][confused]

CB

One can hope that the reason we're seeing some of these changes are because 2015 models really did not sell well. Nothing will make a manufacturer sit up and pay attention when the money stops rolling in. I hope that's what has happened here. It would certainly be nice to know they heard us. [thumbup]

Hello!

I am glad to see them back in business.

I wonder, - as I have said many times - will they release some fancy and affordable instruments this time, like the Studio Tributes, or the Classic Custom/Plus were.

Cheers... Bence

Was is just me, or was that 2015 "Les Paul 100" head-stock signature horrendous?

I couldn't stand it, quite personally.

61y2CirnMkL__SL1500__zps9c453266_uofv8c.jpg

I love Les Paul the man and the innovator, and I honor his memory.

But that was butt-ugly.

Don't make me laugh, I pulled a muscle the other day trimming trees!

The SG does NOT come with a case, by the way.

Was is just me, or was that 2015 "Les Paul 100" head-stock signature horrendous?

I love Les Paul the man and the innovator, and I honor his memory.

But that was butt-ugly.

no, I can assure you it was not just you

The 2015 innovations fell fairly equally into the good, the bad, and the ugly buckets for me. The signature logo was as you described.

Those sure look like nibs on the SG to me.

I guess you have to wait for a Guitar Center sales flier so you can get the discount and then buy a case for it.

I hope so, regarding the nibs! As to cases? I wonder (God forbid), if Gibson will only supply cases, on guitars

now costing 2 Grand, or over. Anything less, gets a "gig bag"??? [confused] If so, they should lower the initial

cost of the guitar, by at least the (retail) cost of their cases. We'll see.... [tongue]

CB

I was there on Friday. There were quite a few different Gibsons with no scrawl, no tiltamatic nut, no steampunk tuners. One was a very nice denim blue-ish Les Paul with a light mahogany back, more light brown than red. It was a very nice guitar. Didn't look at the others closely, and I wouldn't have picked up the LP if it wasn't by the counter I was waiting at. Very nice. I don't need one though.

Paul Reed has decided to focus on certain markets, mostly urban, and they've taken 90% of their stock out of the suburban, under selling GCs. Seems the economy has not been good to PRS sales, specifically at our GC, and according to manager bud, all of them in general.

I bought a capo. I'm so embarrassed. I will try not to lose this one, prolly the 50th one I've had in 40 odd years.

rct

I might swing by next weekend to see what the deal is.

The one in Lancaster, PA only got a Studio and that's gone, the one in Towsend, MD said they'd have to call me back and that was two and a half hours ago so they must be selling them hand over fist (or something).

The guy who took my message said he didn't know anything about guitars.

ALL-FRIGGIN-RIGHT! Although I'll not be buying a new Gibson in 2016 (money matters...not desire...)I am SO glad to see Gibson management apparently have come to their collective senses! Count my faith renewed!

I'm betting they will not be inundated with requests for auto-tuners, brass nuts and Les' signatures...

Did they keep the wider neck? Just curious...

Brian

Archived