Gibson Brands Forums

2015 L9

SteveFord

I was just looking at this one

http://www.gibson.co...-9-Archtop.aspx

and thinking how nice it looked and what a great instrument Gibson put out and what a classy job they did even if it's way out of my price range.

Then I get to the bottom of their unusually detailed specs page and I see this:

CaseStyle: L-9 Color: Brown

Strap Locks: None

Tools:None

Manual: None

and I couldn't help but laugh.

For $6500 I don't even get a little truss rod tool or an owner's manual?

Is this a misprint or are these optional extras?

I was just looking at this one

http://www.gibson.co...-9-Archtop.aspx

... unusually detailed specs...

Indeed, very detailed specs, which is impressive. However, nowhere do I see any indication of the body dimensions (lower bout width and body depth are usually pretty high on the list of important specs). ?? I'm also curious to know more detail about the "integrated bracing".

Indeed, very detailed specs, which is impressive. However, nowhere do I see any indication of the body dimensions (lower bout width and body depth are usually pretty high on the list of important specs). ?? I'm also curious to know more detail about the "integrated bracing".

Indeed, especially being as it has a stop bar.

Not that it ain't a real arch-top, but you have do do something different there because a traditional arch-top would no allow for it.

The general owner's manual would apply to this guitar model also, see attached.

Regarding the truss rod key, we always have been changing this in the past, because there are customers who are not very known with this tool, and that you can really damage the neck and/or void the warranty.

That has always been one of our considerations. We did put them in the case in the past though, and sometimes this changes between divisions also.

If you need one, just let me know however.

kind regards,

Stijn Vergeest

Gibson Europe Customer Service

00800-4GIBSON1

00800-44427661

www.gibson.com

service.europe@gibson.com

USA_Owners_Manual.pdf

Thank you for the response.

I could see a truss rod tool encouraging people to mess with things that perhaps they shouldn't be touching but it is a handy thing to have included.

Archtops would get a Gibson USA manual for solid bodies? That seems a bit odd but it seems that they're doing that with all of the other hollow and semi-hollow body guitars.

Archived