Gibson Brands Forums

Details of Gibson 2016 guitars now on Amazon.com

Rabs

So I just checked... they have started to appear on Amazon.com again :)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=gibson+guitar+usa+2016&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Agibson+guitar+usa+2016

http://www.amazon.com/Gibson-USA-SG70SVCH1-Electric-Sunburst/dp/B0083T6DVA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1440973725&sr=8-6&keywords=gibson+guitar+usa+2016

The 2016 Traditional Series from Gibson USA represents a comprehensive regrouping of classic specifications for those who appreciate old-school looks and feel in tier electric guitars, and no model better encompasses the marriage of history and innovation than the Les Paul Standard 2016

(Regrouping of classic specifications [lol][lol] )

Some info

Studio

The classic tone wood combination of a carved maple top with mahogany back with modern weight relief delivers timeless Les Paul depth, clarity and sustain.

• Features common to Gibson USA's 2016 Traditional range include our original neck width of 1 11/16" at the nut, historic neck heel shape, standard high-quality manual tuners, a traditional Graph Tech nut and other details.

• Upgraded Burst bucker Pro humbuckers offer a range of PAF-inspired tones, with wax potting to combat squeal in high-gain situations. The guitar also has a dark, dense baked maple fingerboard with historic trapezoid inlays.

Standard

The guitar has a carved plain or Grade-AAA maple top, a mahogany back with modern weight relief, a glued-in mahogany neck with traditional width and heel.

• A traditionally cut Graph Tech nut, and a thick, dark, one-piece rosewood fingerboard with trapezoid inlays. The neck has a Slim Taper profile while the fingerboard has a compound radius for easy chording down low and unbridled bending up high.

• The two Burst bucker Pro pickups have coil splitting on a push-pull volume knobs for single-coil tones, and locking Grover tuners provide rock-solid performance with a traditional look

SG Standard

The thin, lightweight mahogany body has the classic beveled edge for playing comfort, with features, common to Gibson USA's 2016 Traditional range as our original neck width of 1 11/16" at the nut.

• Historic neck heel shape, standard high-quality manual tuners, a traditional Graph Tech nut, and a thicker one-piece rosewood fingerboard with a hand-rubbed oil finish for a plush look and feel.

• Put it together, and it's superb value in an American-made Gibson guitar that nails a popular alternative '60s tone

And some pics :)

31Hy7xvM82L__SY450__zpsz2y0x3yf.jpg

31Z-5cWoUBL_zpslwzvdnv1.jpg

31sh4kKS6GL_zpszmtsnzpi.jpg

31KMtrn4yYL_zpsr1giyjdc.jpg

41N4cpNTzxL_zpsh4gakjjy.jpg

310SBEThvbL_zpshaomkqpy.jpg

313rKp7oijL_zpsfjfvugvp.jpg

51CUm9aHHL__SL1000__zpsgeetxbfo.jpg

I was looking a bit more at these pics and I have a feeling that the Baked Maple boards are back...

(which is a good thing I think, I loved the baked maple board I had on my firebird)..

I was looking a bit more at these pics and I have a feeling that the Baked Maple boards are back...

(which is a good thing I think, I loved the baked maple board I had on my firebird)..

Well yeah, you said it in the original post :P

Studio

The classic tone wood combination of a carved maple top with mahogany back with modern weight relief delivers timeless Les Paul depth, clarity and sustain.

• Features common to Gibson USA's 2016 Traditional range include our original neck width of 1 11/16" at the nut, historic neck heel shape, standard high-quality manual tuners, a traditional Graph Tech nut and other details.

• Upgraded Burst bucker Pro humbuckers offer a range of PAF-inspired tones, with wax potting to combat squeal in high-gain situations. The guitar also has a dark, dense baked maple fingerboard with historic trapezoid inlays.

-Ryan

SG Standards are down to 1200 again? is that new?

Yeah I don't think those prices on Amazon are correct, they are all over the place... (this happened last year too)....

And well theres a good reason prices are down slightly again (at GC).. They seem to have dumped the G-Force, at least for these models (so that's a couple hundred off)... I will actually be pretty shocked if when we see the full line up if NO guitars come with G-Force... Hopefully they will do for 2016 what they should have done for 2015 and actually offer it as a choice....

Theres still plenty of people who like the auto tune features... and after all this theyd be crazy to dump the idea totally.

Good deal.

It would make sense for them to do two different USA line ups if they wish to pursue the path they were on: one with all of the 2015 changes and then one where people who aren't interested in anything past the 2013 models.

I see where Donny went, too.

Gibson, on the evidence presented to date [thumbup]=D>

Those who like the 2015's should be able to snap up a (comparative) bargain or two in the run out sales, and others can rejoice in lower prices and return to 'business as usual' for 2016.

Everyone's a winner.

Ahd, it seems, back to pre-2012 (punier) bevels, and no horn tapering, on the SG's! :rolleyes:[crying]

Looks like you're right about that CB. The SG bodies look exactly like my '06 Standard, which I've always wished had deeper bevels and darker red. It's probably the best guitar I've ever played in terms of feel, it sounds great and versatile, but it looks like crap compared to a real 60s SG

Oh well. At least if they still feel and sound like SGs they've got the most important thing covered

Now we know why Donny is no longer here.

The Gibson Board of Directors, having reconsidered all his posts, has finally realised his sagacity and has taken the decision to offer him the role of Chief Advisor to Jim DeCola...

[smile]

Pip.

The Gibson Board of Directors, having reconsidered all his posts, has finally realised his sagacity and has taken the decision to offer him the role of Chief Advisor to Jim DeCola...

[smile]

Pip.

Haha..

Now that's something id pay to see :D

Guest Farnsbarns

Jim DeCola...

All I can ever think of when I see the name is.... mixing any spirit, even JB, with cola is a heathen act.

Giving the resulting (or revolting, either fit) cocktail a french sounding name is a bit pretentious.

According to more people who have seen the 2016s at GC...

NIBS ARE BACK!!!! (and some dodgy looking paint left on the binding)

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

Gibson seen the light as to what makes a Gibson a Gibson at long last!

Thank the Lord. (Where's Donny?)

Hooray! Hooray! Hooray!

Gibson seen the light as to what makes a Gibson a Gibson at long last!

Thank the Lord. (Where's Donny?)

I believe Donny got banned, again. I have him as a Facebook friend and he said he got banned for complaining too much about Gibson details on previous model years.

I don't know if this info on the 2016 line up has already been posted on this forum or not but I was delighted to read this article I received via email today from Reverb making it official that Gibson listened to us:

https://reverb.com/blog/breaking-gibson-to-revert-prices-and-specs-on-2016-models?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=rn150901_deals-washburn&_aid=newsletter

[smile]

Pip.

I'm guessing that advice would be expressed in one short phrase.

Archived