Gibson Brands Forums

What is this Gibson?

Gibson Artist

I particularly love the deeper neck set and the lower bridge pickup, bridge and tailpiece positions. Thus the neck pickup is closer to the fretboard end without neck joint cover, giving it some more of a Les Paul tone.

00u0u_bWTAl0pfj3l_600x450.jpg

I think I would never sell or trade it if it was mine.

I guess Charlie Brown would chime in by accident only because this is no obvious SG thread... [rolleyes]

Hey, I "ain't no stickin' 'Bevel' Police!" (I'm actually The Commissioner!) LOL

Na...I just know (and say), what I love, and what I don't! [biggrin]

But, to each, his or her own!

But, it IS well known, here, I DO love the original early '60's beveling, and horn tapering. SG's just don't seem "right"

(IMHO) without that! So, without those spec's, I'm not likely to purchase one! That's all. [tongue]:rolleyes:[biggrin]

CB

My question is, why in the hell, would anyone in their right mind, want to trade a SG for a freaking Strat? he is even willing to take a MIJ, so what is wrong with this guitar?

Japanese Strats have the proper body shape and beveling, as opposed to 70's-80's American ones.

I particularly love the deeper neck set and the lower bridge pickup, bridge and tailpiece positions. Thus the neck pickup is closer to the fretboard end without neck joint cover, giving it some more of a Les Paul tone.

00u0u_bWTAl0pfj3l_600x450.jpg

I think I would never sell or trade it if it was mine.

I made him an offer, wish me luck.

Archived