Gibson Brands Forums

How many springs in a Gibson Nighthawk ST3 with floyd ???

xrr

Hi all,

I wasn't very successful with my last topics on the Nighthawk, but I'll try again.

I've bought mine used and I'm trying to put it back to original condition... This will start with the wiring but I'm realising that I've 4 springs in the floyd cavity with one additional place for another one. So it makes me wonder how many springs are originally in the Nighthawks with floyd...

Anyone to check ?

cheers,

Hi all,

I wasn't very successful with my last topics on the Nighthawk, but I'll try again.

I've bought mine used and I'm trying to put it down to original settings... This will start with the wiring but I'm realising that I've 4 springs in the floyd cavity with one additional place for another one. So it makes me wonder how many springs are originally in the Nighthawks with floyd...

Anyone to check ?

cheers,

Good Luck!!

I only wish I had one to look inside for you..

I am not sure, but I believe a floyd system, bought separately comes with 4 spings. I seem to remember buying one many years ago and that's what it came with.

But, as for being set up in the guitar, you can use as few as 2 and as much as five. It's made that way, so you can choose how much tension you like. Most will be optimal with 3 springs, being the most common.

Very, very rarely will you want to use 5 springs unless you want to "block" it against the body and not use it.

I am not sure, but I believe a floyd system, bought separately comes with 4 spings. I seem to remember buying one many years ago and that's what it came with.

But, as for being set up in the guitar, you can use as few as 2 and as much as five. It's made that way, so you can choose how much tension you like. Most will be optimal with 3 springs, being the most common.

Very, very rarely will you want to use 5 springs unless you want to "block" it against the body and not use it.

thanks Stein, that did help !

My EJRW. I'm not much of a bar user, I may never use it on this guitar, but I'll leave it at 5 springs.

Back%20in%20case%201.jpg

Back%20in%20case%202.jpg

rct

• 3 weeks later...

Archived