Gibson Brands Forums

Youtube Gibson Smorgasbord

SC_Wannabe

I stumbled across this guy's youtube channel and found a wealth of Gibson acoustic solo stuff. He plays several Gibsons solo singing style, so you can really get an idea of what a particular guitar sounds like. Not to mention that he has a great singing voice and plays the guitar well. Is this anyone here?

Currently giving me gas for the J45 Donovan...

Yes sir - Hahe, , , this guy nails M Y like a marble ball takes a flock of cones.

Captures the whole arrangement in his performance, , , just listen to that gang gang gang A7 something. . .

Max bananas from here

Stop faffing about and ship me some of what you're smoking, old pal. :) I had occasion to share a stage, in a small restaurant. with Donavon, many years ago. I had booked him to do 2 shows on Wed. in my venue and he came into town on Tues. He had with him a tour manger and his step son (Brian Jones' biological child). We went for food and drinks and had much of both. At some point D asked if he could sit in with the entertainment. The soloist gave up his stage to D and I wound up singing harmony on Mellow Yellow and some other tune. We were very drunk and when I came off the stage, D's step son moved to head butt me and would've succeeded but for the tour manager blocking him and reminding the dope I was their benefactor. That kid was the first skin head I'd ever met. Would that he'd been the last. Anyway, all's well that ends well. This thread reminded me of that story. Ta.

Why did Brian Jones' kid, i.e. Donovan's step-kid, try to headbutt you? Life sure is bizarre. Neat story though.

Did you guys know Mellow Yellow was written when Donovan and John Lennon were looking through a newspaper and saw an ad for a banana-shaped vibrator? (Ya know, for women.) I would not believe it, except... the song is really fricking weird #1... and #2 Donovan is the one who said this, so... either it's true or he made it up.

Love Donovan, but he is a strange dude. That re-issue guitar of his is a knock-out, though. Why doesn't Gibson use cherry sunburst on anything else?

Stop faffing about and ship me some of what you're smoking, old pal. :)

Nono no, haven't done the oil for more than a decade - you have to lite up your own banana.

But what a double-sided story there.

Good share - take care

Jesse, , , it seems you missed the mid-summer already semi-legendary Hurdy Gurdy roll - Turn on lightly

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/123461-donovan-influence-on-the-beatles/

Archived