Gibson Brands Forums

Confirmation of real Gibson?

Salen

Hi guys,

Just got this Gibson in a trade. I'm told its a 70's tribute. I was hoping you guys could confirm its legitimacy for me. It seems to be a real gibson to my untrained eye using the guides on the net but I was just hoping for some confirmation.

I found it on the website but I Was wondering if its the same model which means identical specs?

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-USA/Les-Paul-Studio-70s-Tribute.aspx

Thanks!

Pictures...

image6.jpg

image9.jpg

image7.jpg

image8.jpg

image10.jpg

image5.jpg

image4.jpg

image3-2%20copy.jpg

image2-3.jpg

image1-2.jpg

It appears to be legitimate to me.

By those photos it is a Gibson Les Paul Studio '70's Tribute (model number LP70). The Blue Book tells us that it was introduced in mid-2012, and indicates that it is worth:

Mint condition: $725

Excellent + condition: $600

Excellent condition: $500

Very good +: $425

Very good: $350

Good: $300

Nice axe!

Those alnico mini-humbuckers are very distinctive.

Gibson is doing a great job revisiting the 70s crap guitars.. volute and all..( I wonder if they weigh the same as well) Maybe Gibson will fail and fall like they did in the 70s.. there is nothing appealing about the Norlin 70s Gibson era..

I vowed never to buy a New Gibson Product after the Wood scandel , as well as the laminating of Fingerboards and bridges. and the Hokey Signiture models Guitars, this pretty much seals the deal of Not Buying another New gibson..

Archived