Gibson Brands Forums

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2

guitarlegends1

If you're looking for a good USB audio interface, the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is a great little unit. The portability is fantastic, and it sounds great. Perfect for a project studio.. I've attached my unboxing / setup video of the Focusrite Scarlett below. Check it out to see what an acoustic guitar sounds like without any EQ applied to it! I'm really happy with it as a great little addition to my studio.

http://youtu.be/68G7-DJEOvM

• 1 month later...

If you're looking for a good USB audio interface, the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is a great little unit. The portability is fantastic, and it sounds great. Perfect for a project studio.. I've attached my unboxing / setup video of the Focusrite Scarlett below. Check it out to see what an acoustic guitar sounds like without any EQ applied to it! I'm really happy with it as a great little addition to my studio.

http://youtu.be/68G7-DJEOvM

I agree - it's is a very capable little unit. Unfortunately for me, the windows based recording environment learning curve, just a bit too steep. Going back to either e stand alone daw, or my trusty 4 trk cassette, :)

So my Scarlett 2i2 is currently for sale on Craigslist.

• 1 month later...

My old computer died, so of course I got a new computer, which of course comes with a new operating system. Well, the new operating system didn't like my old version of cubase AI, so I sprung for cubase elements, which I'm sure is better than AI anyway. So I'm ready to record again, right? Incorrect. There is no new driver for my (very) old Tascam interface, so my instruments cannot talk to my computer. So I sprung for a Scarlett 2i2, which I've heard good things about (and reportedly it does not require a driver with my operating system). Supposed to arrive tomorrow.

Yes, JPmusic, even with a Mac it'll take a little doing to get a home studio up and running, mainly due to the intricacies of cubase. But man, with essentially unlimited tracks, I think it's worth it!

Archived