Gibson Brands Forums

Marshall JTM1H Offset Halfstack

Rabs

I just happened to come across this amp... not seen that before, sounds REAL nice

http://www.dv247.com/guitars/marshall-jtm1h-offset-guitar-valve-amplifier-halfstack--222026

Specs are

•Head: ◦Authentic offset design of the first JTM45

◦Limited Edition, only 1111 worldwide

◦Made in Milton Keynes, UK

◦All-tube design

◦Tubes: 2x ECC83, 1x ECC82

◦Power: 1 watt, switchable to 0.1 watts

◦Controls: Tone, Loudness

◦Authentic "Bernstein" Power light

◦Marshall Block Logo

◦Speaker Connection: 1x 8 Ohms, 1x 16 Ohm

◦Dimensions: 380 x 200 x 220 mm (WxHxD)

◦Weight: 3 kg

•Cabinet: ◦Authentic reproduction of the first Marshall cabinets

◦Speakers: 1x 10 "Celestion G10F-15

◦Endurance: 15 Watt

◦Impedance: 16 Ohm

◦Marshall Block Logo, Fret Grille Clothe

◦Dimensions: 380 x 390 x 220 mm (WxHxD)

◦Weight: 5 kg

222026_l_zps7wbozozw.jpg

Thankyou Rabs now I have such total gas for the damn thing (price includes the cab!) that I'm going to have to look at my balance again tomorrow [flapper][cursing][wink]....

Always a pleasure sir :D

And seriously... if I was working and had money, I think id have to have one too

Thankyou Rabs now I have such total gas for the damn thing (price includes the cab!) that I'm going to have to look at my balance again tomorrow [flapper][cursing][wink]....

Me too darn it. Let's meet Rabs somewhere and beat him [cursing]

:unsure:

:)

The only 1 watt Marshalls I have encountered are the JVM1H and JVM1C. I didn't like like the combo version at all, the 8 inch speaker was anemic at best. I did purchase JVM1H though and I've been happy with it. I run mine through a Mesa 2x12 cab. I realize this is different model than the one you are interested in, but I figure there may be some similarities with the JVM so I'll share my thoughts.

The good

- The full 1 watt setting is fairly loud through a decent cab.

- The low power setting (cuts it to .1 watt) is quiet enough to allow me to crank the amp in the middle of the night and not wake up everyone upstairs...which is great for me because I work 3rd shift.

The bad

- Not much bass, the JVM needs an outside EQ to add a bit up ballz and chunk

- even on the full 1 watt setting, the clean channel already breaks up at TV volumes. This is bad if you ever want pristine cleans, but could be ideal if edge of breakup is your thing.

Overall I dig it. I wouldn't want it to be my only amp, but it's great for practice and home recording.

Archived