Gibson Brands Forums

2016 Traditionals

Gibson Artist

Yup...

50s is the fatter rounded neck profile.. But they can vary a bit...

And that's what the LP Classic is for... a 60s slim taper neck :) (even though it seems to be missing from the line up so far)

There's a Les Paul '60s Tribute, with a slim '60s neck, in the 2016 lineup. Of course, it's got P-90s and does not appear to be in the same price range as a Traditional or Classic.

The 2016 Standard appears to have a "Slim Taper" neck, as well:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson/2016-Les-Paul-Standard-T.gc#productDetail

There's a Les Paul '60s Tribute, with a slim '60s neck, in the 2016 lineup. Of course, it's got P-90s and does not appear to be in the same price range as a Traditional or Classic.

The 2016 Standard appears to have a "Slim Taper" neck, as well.

Yeah i saw that. Im sensing another gibson purchase in my future lol. Any idea what the SG Standard necks for 16 will be?

All I can gather is that the 2016 Standard SG necks have a "classic width"... whatever the heck that means. [confused]

The traditionals i saw on Sweetwater were only the plus top ones, the should be the cheaper top ones too soon right? Ill have to check the specs. Also, ive been eyeing the explorer and firebirds. Both totally different beasts. the Explorer has some of the hottest pickups gibson makes, while the Firebirds are lower than studios but have their own special quality in those minis. I wish the Firebird came in Red or White, all i see is the Sunburst atm. The explorer the colours of red and black are both great tho i wish the pickups were covered. A minor complaint, but i just think they look cooler that way, looks count dont they? lol

The traditionals i saw on Sweetwater were only the plus top ones, the should be the cheaper top ones too soon right? Ill have to check the specs. Also, ive been eyeing the explorer and firebirds. Both totally different beasts. the Explorer has some of the hottest pickups gibson makes, while the Firebirds are lower than studios but have their own special quality in those minis. I wish the Firebird came in Red or White, all i see is the Sunburst atm. The explorer the colours of red and black are both great tho i wish the pickups were covered. A minor complaint, but i just think they look cooler that way, looks count dont they? lol

The consensus around here is that the 2016 SGs will have some sort of "slim taper" neck. Slimmed-down slightly from the G-Force nightmare of 2015.

Yeah, the Firebird is presently being offered only in sunburst. Kind'a the classic Firebird finish. I once owned a cherry Firebird. It was a sweet-looking guitar. The Explorer I was never too interested in. But I think cherry and ebony suit it well. I think those should also be offered in blonde/natural and/or some kind of orange or faded cherry:

EdgeBDay.jpg

Archived