Gibson Brands Forums

Al Stewart

IanHenry

Always been a devout Al Stewart fan. Makes me think about all the debate re the Joe Walsh posting, and I think I swing into the Joe Walsh camp. Who makes stuff like this now? If you really want a taste of Al at his peak, try the 'Past, Present and Future ' album. A masterpiece. The song 'Roads to Moscow' is one of my top ten of all time. Such diverse subjects throughout all of his music, the bloke is a modern minstrel. [thumbup]

This one takes me right back to 8th grade - and unlike some of the stuff from that era it has aged well, I'd say. I also agree that his lyrics were always quite poetic. [thumbup]

In a morning from a Bogart movie,

In a country where they've turned back time,

You come strolling through the crowd like Peter Lorre

Contemplating a crime......

Or

She comes outa the sun in a silk dress

Running like a watercolour in the rain...

There's always such a lilting beauty to his lyric.

On the record that screaming solo is so good. In that performace on the youtube video it was played by the strat player (with the 70's headstock [biggrin] ). When I was in high school in the 70's I remember that song and always loved that solo. It's it's own hook.

Always been a devout Al Stewart fan. Makes me think about all the debate re the Joe Walsh posting, and I think I swing into the Joe Walsh camp. Who makes stuff like this now? If you really want a taste of Al at his peak, try the 'Past, Present and Future ' album. A masterpiece. The song 'Roads to Moscow' is one of my top ten of all time. Such diverse subjects throughout all of his music, the bloke is a modern minstrel. [thumbup]

Recalled, re: Guderian.

Archived