Gibson Brands Forums

Newfangled stuff - some happify me, some don't

ksdaddy

Today in a 'flip' transaction I got a DigiTech RP200 multi effects pedal. It is barely used, still has the box and stuff, but it's fairly old, a 2002 I think, if I read the sticker right. It's not what you'd call cutting edge, it fact it's a fairly inexpensive, probably very much outdated unit. I was overwhelmed by the amount of sounds and effects it can give. It was overload. I put it back in the box and it will go on ebay. None for me, thanks.

However in the same transaction I scored a basic Nady wireless system, an Encore II.

Wow.

I'm in love.

Neither is hi tech but understand I am a Telecaster/cord/"whatever amp is handy" guy. Doesn't take much tech to scare me away. I do dig that wireless though.

I like a lot of those old multi effects boards. They sound great and can do all sorts of cool stuff. The down side is that can present you with so many options that you do more knob tweaking than playing.

That's it right there. Too many choices and options. Too many parameters. Then you have to get the volumes balanced from preset to preset. I have no patience for them.

Archived