Gibson Brands Forums

Time to bring the j45 out

blindboygrunt

While I've been playing the Martin a lot lately, I felt a pang of guilt for the Gibson and took it out of it's case.

Like an old friend coming home , so I played a song about not ever coming home.

Hope y'all like it . but you can criticise if ya like. I have thick skin.

Have a nice weekend folks

Two things always happen when I click through: I listen more than once and I make someone else listen, too. No exception here.

Really like this-nice, nice...and thanks.

But if you just got to be roughed up a little- geez, find a fret for that last harmonic and stick with it already! Whassamatter with you?!? ;-)

BBG, Really great. Music is all about variety, subject to the subjectivity of different peoples tastes and preferences - but, to me - this was what I would aspire to, if I could play or sing half as well. Outstanding job!

And, great song selection. The J45 sure does it all, sounds like it was made just to be fingerpicked. Thanks for posting. Jim

Mine ?

Ha , I wish. Its a Dylan song. Only ever released on that bootleg series.

Was recently used on the inside llewyn Davis movie . always loved it.

Open D tuning with capo on third , whatever that makes it , E sharp I guess ?

Thanks for kind words people , Anne , I couldn't work out where the 12th fret was . was adlibbing , that'll teach me. Finish on a flub , can't beat it :)

Mine ?

Ha , I wish. Its a Dylan song. Only ever released on that bootleg series.

Was recently used on the inside llewyn Davis movie . always loved it.

Open D tuning with capo on third , whatever that makes it , E sharp I guess ?

Thanks for kind words people , Anne , I couldn't work out where the 12th fret was . was adlibbing , that'll teach me. Finish on a flub , can't beat it :)

Nicely done, BBG!

I really like your version - the version in the movie was used in a cynical manner because LD was staying true to his roots while the merry trio were being merry for the turtleneck crowd! The melody in the movie tune, can't say I know the name of the real performers if it wasn't the actors, was a lot stricter in the chorus than yours, but I thought that made theirs sound a bit daggy like some things my old man bought at Kmart - 20 Hot Folky Hits featuring Wally Waller or ...you know.

No critique, just enjoyed the rolling along feel you gave it. Though the capo is on crooked and Tony Rice gets annoyed if it isn't dead straight right on the fret...... [glare]

BluesKing777.

Archived