Gibson Brands Forums

G-Force G tuner "broken"

Nakica

So I got my Gibson Les Paul Studio 2015 MM about a month ago, and it's a beast, and the G-Force tuner worked perfectly. But today I decided to change the strings to 10s, so I got myself Ernie Ball Regular Slinkys. I watched the tutorial on changing the strings on the G-Force, and I started. The high E and B were really easy to put on, but then i tried the G. I got it around the post, through the groove etc etc, locked it down, and started winding it with the 3x start 2x Enter combo on the G-Force. Then it started to wind up, but a few seconds later, it started making screeching-dying terminator/robot noises, and it couldn't wind up more. Then I got the string out, started again, then the same problem happened. Then i took the string out, and just started winding the tuner w 3x start 2x enter, and the same problem happened! Without the string in there! I tried again and again, but it never worked. Then I just skipped the G string, and put on the D, A and E with ease. What do I do?

I've had a sh*tty 200$ Ibanez Gio for 3 years, and never had a problem with it, and after a month of use, a 1200$ Gibson breaks down... Real nice

And here, I've shot a video of it without and with a string

• 3 weeks later...

Archived