Gibson Brands Forums

new firebird prices

manny

Are the new 2016 Firebirds not as good as the ones from recent years? If they are, that would be a kick to anyone that recently paid $2000 for one.

What makes you think they are of lesser-quality, may I ask? Are you thinking they're not as good as previous, and are therefore cheaper? Just asking; want to be clear on the point you're making [biggrin]

Yeah, I was curious because of the price drop. It seems nasty if you just bought one for close to $2000 or more and the 2016 models are identical. I wouldn't be happy if it were me. Great for new buyers, for sure. Yet now there are studios for almost $2000? I know the suggested Gibson prices aren't always the price in store. It must be the end times.

Yeah, I was curious because of the price drop. It seems nasty if you just bought one for close to $2000 or more and the 2016 models are identical. I wouldn't be happy if it were me. Great for new buyers, for sure. Yet now there are studios for almost $2000? I know the suggested Gibson prices aren't always the price in store. It must be the end times.

Gibson made a bad move for 2015 and put prices up by quite a considerable amount, which got a lot of people in a huff, not least because the specs on 2015's weren't the most favoured. It seems that with the 2016 range, at least what has been seen so far, nearly all changes introduced on 2014's and 2015's has been abandoned. Good in respect of some; bad in others.

The 2016's also see a 'drop' back to near what prices were in 2013.

Archived