Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Dove Unamplified.

Panther

They did at one time. I bought one from z sounds that was on sale to clear out the old straight acoustic version a few years back. I like it, but I've also heard good things about the Pro model. I think Epiphone may be trying to corner the market on affordable stage ready instruments.

• 3 weeks later...

Does Epiphone make a strictly Acoustic version of the Dove ?

All I ever see is the Acoustic Electric ?

If they do, can someone post the designation or a link to a purchase site.

Like strumbert says, yeah, they used to. There's currently a 2003 acoustic Dove on ebay....

And 100% laminate construction if you care about such things.

I didn't know that, I am told that there are 2 different schools of thought on laminate. personally it makes no difference to me who plays or owns which.

I didn't know that, I am told that there are 2 different schools of thought on laminate. personally it makes no difference to me who plays or owns which.

Laminate is affected very little, if at all, by changes of moisture in the air. It's great because you get it set up and you don't have to worry about the change of seasons. However, solid wood construction, sounds and projects far better than laminate construction...BUT...you have to worry about proper humidification.

Laminate is affected very little, if at all, by changes of moisture in the air. It's great because you get it set up and you don't have to worry about the change of seasons.

I keep a laminate guitar just for those occasions. I play at a farmers market that is outdoors until November. Around here that's close to freezing at 9am. Normally I play the J-45, but if I took that out at 38f, not only might it craze the finish, I might hear a pop as the top cracks. So I'll bring out an old plywood guitar. I sure miss summer.

• 3 weeks later...

I keep a laminate guitar just for those occasions. I play at a farmers market that is outdoors until November. Around here that's close to freezing at 9am. Normally I play the J-45, but if I took that out at 38f, not only might it craze the finish, I might hear a pop as the top cracks. So I'll bring out an old plywood guitar. I sure miss summer.

We are so lucky here in the UK - there are differences in temperature of course - Summers no more than mid twenties centigrade and winters just below freezing at worst. Indoors the humidity is fairly regular - it certainly never drops so far it would seriously dry out a guitar (well never in my experience). I don't think I could cope with all that humidifying and looking out for sudden cracks. You guys surely are tough - suppose that's how the west was won! :rolleyes:

Archived