Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson explorer 82- identification

Roker

Hi, I need help with identification of my Gibson explorer. Serial number is 82872023.

Serial number is correct, I think. Gibson logo is inlaid.i think, that is mahagony and was made in Kalamazoo plant.

What do you mean? Is it legit Gibson from Kalamazoo?Thanks for yours answering.more pics I can send to email.

post-74090-026028200 1442872053_thumb.jpg

Hello Roker, and welcome here.

The logo looks period correct. Strange how they missed the alignment of the truss rod cover...

Some more pics would be helpful. It is best to upload them to an account you created at a picture provider like photobucket and link them to your post like we all do. There's just 500kB memory per account here.

Hello Roker, and welcome here.

The logo looks period correct. Strange how they missed the alignment of the truss rod cover...

Some more pics would be helpful. It is best to upload them to an account you created at a picture provider like photobucket and link them to your post like we all do. There's just 500kB memory per account here.

Here is link to more pics. http://s612.photobucket.com/user/Lukas_Pavlica/library/?view=recent&page=1

Necessary to know, that headstock was repair and pickups was changed for seymour duncan.And previously knobs was golden, on this pics are new.

The serial number indeed says Kalamazoo, and everything I see from the pictures confirms that the guitar is legit. [thumbup]

It would be interesting to know some details about the headstock repair. Perhaps some more photos of the headstock's front without TRC and its back would help. Anyway, in case it was done very well, one might see nothing from pictures, and on a solid-coloured guitar perhaps not even in person.

Do you know if the machine heads were replaced in the past? To my guess the extra, assumedly original screw holes say so.

The serial number indeed says Kalamazoo, and everything I see from the pictures confirms that the guitar is legit. [thumbup]

It would be interesting to know some details about the headstock repair. Perhaps some more photos of the headstock's front without TRC and its back would help. Anyway, in case it was done very well, one might see nothing from pictures, and on a solid-coloured guitar perhaps not even in person.

Do you know if the machine heads were replaced in the past? To my guess the extra, assumedly original screw holes say so.

I don't know more information's about repair only that repair did one of the best guitar maker in Czech Mr.Jurco. I believe that he did repair great. Guitar is in great condition, neck is perfect.

And machine heads? I don't know. I think it looks previously.

What do you mean about value in this condition?

Thanks for answering😊

Yes, I see. However, I don't dare to rate this guitar, even less after the web research I just did. What I found out made clear to me that any figure I post here would be just a guess.

Ok, I bought this guitar for 700 USD, what do you mean about it, good or bad deal? I research web too and I cannot find same guitar only explorer E/2 maple body or alder body. I think explorer E/2 is not same as my .

Archived