Gibson Brands Forums

Advice

Paulstar

I really like the look of the EB-3 Ebony..... I have a short scale, no name, much appreciated, hand me down that I've started to play about 2 weeks ago and I feel like playing bass is something I'm going to continue..... I'm not loaded and would like to make the right move..... Is this a good bass for a novice? Will it be useful as I gain talent??? Would money be better spent elsewhere? The guitar shop guy seemed to think a sterling music man was more versital??? I need to make the right move, I cannot afford a mistake, any advice would be appreciated.... Thanks in advance...

I really like the look of the EB-3 Ebony..... I have a short scale, no name, much appreciated, hand me down that I've started to play about 2 weeks ago and I feel like playing bass is something I'm going to continue..... I'm not loaded and would like to make the right move..... Is this a good bass for a novice? Will it be useful as I gain talent??? Would money be better spent elsewhere? The guitar shop guy seemed to think a sterling music man was more versital??? I need to make the right move, I cannot afford a mistake, any advice would be appreciated.... Thanks in advance...

I like the sound that you can get out of the EB-3. if it were me, I'd take some time at a store that had a good variety of basses (music man, EB3, Fender Precision, etc.) and play as many in your price range as possible. then pick which ever one is more comfortable to you. I've owned a bunch of basses over the years and eventually came back to the P-bass. good luck on your search!

Archived