Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson 2015 LP Traditional

hoross

Ive been trying since a while to post here but had problems with my passwords etc... anyways i have read a lot of negativity about the 2015 Gibson Les Paul models.Well let me tell you my personnal feeling and thinking of the Gibson LP Traditional 2015 which i bought 2 months ago now.

Ive been an active guitarplayer since more then 25 years had many guitars being Epiphones,US BC Rich handmade,ESP,and many Gibsons like Studio,classic,standard,classic antique,traditional and i must say this 2015 LP Traditional is out of the box to me.The guitar is perfectly made,wider neck i didnt even felt the difference just it plays even better to be honest.The Traditional 15 model seems lighter then the 14 and the GForce is much easier when u play songs or record them(currently recording my new album),you dont need to tune for half an hour and waste your time.Also a beautiful case and the brass nut really fantastic.This is a perfect Gibson LP in my opinion,now i can see everyone likes the new 2016 models just that the lp traditional dont have the hot 59 pickups anymore and thats a shame,in any case i really dig the 15 model specially the traditional.I hope still to buy the studio 15 which look cool too.

Ive been trying since a while to post here but had problems with my passwords etc... anyways i have read a lot of negativity about the 2015 Gibson Les Paul models.Well let me tell you my personnal feeling and thinking of the Gibson LP Traditional 2015 which i bought 2 months ago now.

Ive been an active guitarplayer since more then 25 years had many guitars being Epiphones,US BC Rich handmade,ESP,and many Gibsons like Studio,classic,standard,classic antique,traditional and i must say this 2015 LP Traditional is out of the box to me.The guitar is perfectly made,wider neck i didnt even felt the difference just it plays even better to be honest.The Traditional 15 model seems lighter then the 14 and the GForce is much easier when u play songs or record them(currently recording my new album),you dont need to tune for half an hour and waste your time.Also a beautiful case and the brass nut really fantastic.This is a perfect Gibson LP in my opinion,now i can see everyone likes the new 2016 models just that the lp traditional dont have the hot 59 pickups anymore and thats a shame,in any case i really dig the 15 model specially the traditional.I hope still to buy the studio 15 which look cool too.

I'm also a fan of the 2015 line I have a 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic. I picked the classic over the traditional because the classic has hotter pups. I have no tuning problems with my G-Force, although Gibson had to send me a replacement tuning assembly because the servo motor went out. But it didn't cost me anything, got it in 2 days and was easy to replace. Just keep an eye on your brass nut and fretboard. Some of the nuts they first put on the 2015 line started getting grooves cut into them by the strings and you will notice metal dust on your first fret. It only takes a couple of months for it to happen. They sent out replacement Proto-type nuts to the people who had the problems free as well. The 2015 line had a couple of hick ups but I'm still a believer. My 2015 is now my main guitar on stage and in the studio. I also have a 1996 Les Paul Studio and a 2012 Zakk Wylde Bullseye Les Paul.

Good luck and glad you like the LP.

"lp traditional dont have the hot 59 pickups" I think they are in the 2016 LE Traditional though.

2016 LE Traditional???

Have yet to see anything from 2016 called "Limited Edition". The 2016 Trad has 57/57+ pickups. Unless you know something the rest of us don't know (ie, about a LE coming out eventually in 2016).

I'm sorry I'll post the sale add for the 2016 Les Paul Traditional Limited Edition case there is any confusion, I guess it just came out I just seen it last week in the flyers from............

Golden the 2016 have all the 57 pickups and not the 59 like on the 2014 and 2015 models.

I really dig the 59 pickups they rock

2016 LE Traditional???

Have yet to see anything from 2016 called "Limited Edition". The 2016 Trad has 57/57+ pickups. Unless you know something the rest of us don't know (ie, about a LE coming out eventually in 2016).

Apparently I do [tongue] ...........

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-les-paul-traditional-limited-edition-electric-guitar?rNtt=2016%20Les%20Paul%20Traditional%20Limited%20Edition&index=1

I'm sorry I'll post the sale add for the 2016 Les Paul Traditional Limited Edition case there is any confusion, I guess it just came out I just seen it last week in the flyers from............

Apparently I do [tongue] ...........

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-les-paul-traditional-limited-edition-electric-guitar?rNtt=2016%20Les%20Paul%20Traditional%20Limited%20Edition&index=1

Those are 2015 LE Trad models (note the serial numbers)... not 2016! [flapper]

First I have seen of them either though. Slim Taper neck and G-Force and a 24.5" scale on a Trad, huh? Weird. Not my cup of tea. At least the nut and neck width are normal as compared to most 2015s... gotta wonder if that 24.5" scale is a typo though... why would the deviate from the usual 24.75"... especially on a Traditional model.

Anyway, meh... I'm glad I got my 2014 Trad for the lovely 59 Trib pups and my 2016 Trad with her 57/57+ pups.

LATE EDIT: actually I do remember these now that I look at them more closely. These came out a few months ago about the same time as those Traditional Classic ABR 2015 models came out (which also had G-Force and a regular nut & neck width). I remember considering one very briefly but deciding against it. So these aren't anything new after all. I do think the 24.5" scale has to be a typo though.

i used to have a 2014 trad and now the trad 2015 i find the 2015 trad much better as far as the sounds and pups.

wish icould post the pic of my guitar its not workig it sucks :(

Every guitar is unique. Both your 2014 & 2015 Trads had the same 59 Tribute pups. Guess your 2014 must've been a dud. ;)

Yeah agree'd each appeals to the particular nuance of the player. Pretty subjective. people like different aspects. I'm playing a 13 and 14 Traditional and am drawn to the 14. I can see why people prefer one over another and I think whats important is they are content with what they are playing.

Anyway I am glad your bonding with your LP hoross. [thumbup]

I'm also a fan of the 2015 line I have a 2015 Gibson Les Paul Classic. I picked the classic over the traditional because the classic has hotter pups. I have no tuning problems with my G-Force, although Gibson had to send me a replacement tuning assembly because the servo motor went out. But it didn't cost me anything, got it in 2 days and was easy to replace. Just keep an eye on your brass nut and fretboard. Some of the nuts they first put on the 2015 line started getting grooves cut into them by the strings and you will notice metal dust on your first fret. It only takes a couple of months for it to happen. They sent out replacement Proto-type nuts to the people who had the problems free as well. The 2015 line had a couple of hick ups but I'm still a believer. My 2015 is now my main guitar on stage and in the studio. I also have a 1996 Les Paul Studio and a 2012 Zakk Wylde Bullseye Les Paul.

I'm really glad you like your 2015. Many people who bought them do. I still have a problem keeping mine in tune and its going back to the shop on Friday. I really hope they get a solution as it drains you after a while. Good luck to all those who still enjoy them and especially to the guys to are recording.

• 4 weeks later...

Pleased to say that since my last post my guitar has been fixed (a tuner replaced) and it keeps tune pretty well now. An internationally renowned teacher played it at a recent blues jam weekend and thought it was a great player once he had got used to the wider neck.

Archived