Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson CS-359 Inverness Green

Bill Kemp

Hello:

I am new to this forum. I thought I would join in an effort to locate a 2010 Gibson CS-359 in Inverness Green. If anyone out there has one that is in really nice shape that they would like to sell will you please contact me.

I have attached a couple of pictures of the Inverness Green one. Gibson made them in a Pelham Blue as well.

Here is a link that shows what I am looking for.

http://www.guitarguitar.co.uk/electric_guitars_detail.asp?stock=10062815212838

Thanks kindly

Bill Kemp

(416) 694 7775

Thanks again.

Bi

Bill,

I'll be on the lookout.

We have a robust music scene in north Alabama, and great guitars are always rolling in and out of here.

[thumbup]

Thank you. Any help in locating one would be great. There is a store located in Edmonton Alberta called Avenue Guitars.

They showed they had one on their website. When I called about it they advised me that they actually had 2 of them. One brand new in the box and the other was a display model.

I bought the one that was brand new in the box. (supposedly).

When the guitar arrived to me I noticed that it had yellowing on the binding where it had been hung up in the store. It also had the pick guard swapped out to make it look new. The neck was so badly twisted it was like a hockey stick.

When I called about this guitar "Steve" the manager finally admitted to me that he sent me the one on the wall, as they don't actually have two of them. He grudgingly admitted to swapping out the Pick guard as well.

I got my money back but I had to pay the shipping to return it.

As far as I am concerned this was a complete scam in that they were going to send out their damaged item to someone that did not live in the province, or even worse to someone that is out of the country.

I am a retired Police Officer and they hated it when I called them on this.

***** I would avoid dealing with this company on fears that they send you an inferior instrument *****

Bill

Guest Farnsbarns

Clearly they were up to no good if they admitted it but just some extra info....

I beieve this colour is achieved by spraying yellowed clear lacquer over Pelham blue which causes it to turn green, as did the original Pelham blue instruments. For this reason the binding (under the lacquer) will always appear yellowed. The pick guard will also appear newer because it isn't under the yellowed lacquer.

Clearly they were up to no good if they admitted it but just some extra info....

I beieve this colour is achieved by spraying yellowed clear lacquer over Pelham blue which causes it to turn green, as did the original Pelham blue instruments. For this reason the binding (under the lacquer) will always appear yellowed. The pick guard will also appear newer because it isn't under the yellowed lacquer.

The binding on the guitar was a brilliant white colour. There were only two yellow spots on the guitar neck where it would have been hung on a wall using hooks with some rubber. It was obvious that the rubber reacted with the finish on the binding and turned it yellow.

Bill

Archived