Gibson Brands Forums

need references related to pickups used by musical bands

Daniel Limoges

Good morning America !

To be more accurate on my choice of my first Gibson ... I need references related to pickups used by musical bands ... Especially one of their musical piece of work where we hear the Gibson LP pickups sounds.

Our choice should be better & more judicious !

A musical song with a Gibson sounds should give us a better chance to hit the guitar we want !

What do you think ?

Any example will be appreciate !

***the musical song+ the pickups used***

Thanks !

Gibson '57 Classic (plus)

Gibson 490R Original

Gibson 498T Alnico

Gibson Dirty Fingers

BurstBucker pro

500t

P-90

ect ............................

Hmmm... that's an impossible request you ask...

Theres so much more to a guitarists sound than what pickups they use... Amps, effects and even more important is the playing style and attack on the strings. Let alone the fact that the guitars have probably been modded slightly to the players specs and not stock which we would have no idea about.

Pretty much all Gibsons are very versatile instruments once you start to learn how to properly dial in the sound using the controls...

This is about the best I can do for you... and even this chart is only a very rough guide

782216GibsonChart_zps4y1rqp09.jpg

Hmmm... that's an impossible request you ask...

Theres so much more to a guitarists sound than what pickups they use... Apms, effects and even more important is the playing style and attack on the strings. Let alone the fact that the guitars have probably been modded slightly to the players specs and not stock which we would have no idea about.

Pretty much all Gibsons are very versatile instruments once you start to learn how to properly dial in the sound using the controls...

This is about the best I can do for you... and even this chart is only a very rough guide

782216GibsonChart_zps4y1rqp09.jpg

I understand .. thanks !

To be more accurate on my choice of my first Gibson... I need references related to pickups used by musical bands ... Especially one of their musical piece of work where we hear the Gibson LP pickups sounds.

Our choice should be better & more judicious !

A musical song with a Gibson sounds should give us a better chance to hit the guitar we want !

What do you think ?

Any example will be appreciate !

***the musical song+ the pickups used***

Thanks !

I would say the amp has more of an effect on the tone than the pickup. The pickups that come stock on my epiphone G-400 sound great thru great amps. The pickups on my Gibson LP sound great thru great amps as well.

Plus on recordings, the microphones, mic placement, preamps, mastering, and consoles also play a large part in the tone on the record.

Segomil, old buddy, good pal,

Welcome to the forum. Have you noticed that nobody else changes the font, and color of their text and seldom, if ever, makes text bold?

This is the equivalent in the digital age of shouting. You don't need that stuff. Your message or question is perfectly clear without it. Stick with the default text settings. [thumbup]

Archived