Gibson Brands Forums

Les Paul Ultra III Wiring mods/upgrades

iluvcrap2000

Thinking about upgrading my Ultra III With SD Pickups(SL Neck/Pearly gates Bridge), Triple shot and a Freeway pickup Switch. To Allow Coil Splits and Parallel Switching along with what the guitar can do now. Have to plan out the wiring to add to the PCB board as the "Probucker 4-conductor" Pickups only have two-wires off of them. My only issues are I can't use a Triple shot in the Bridge as the tuner is there and it's connected to the Shadow nanomag extension. So The Freeway has to be wired up to allow Standard/coil-splits, if possible. and How the pcb acts to the mod as it's possible that it's the cause of the muddiness of the original setup. Opinions(or help appreciated)?

• 2 months later...

Thinking about upgrading my Ultra III With SD Pickups(SL Neck/Pearly gates Bridge), Triple shot and a Freeway pickup Switch. To Allow Coil Splits and Parallel Switching along with what the guitar can do now. Have to plan out the wiring to add to the PCB board as the "Probucker 4-conductor" Pickups only have two-wires off of them. My only issues are I can't use a Triple shot in the Bridge as the tuner is there and it's connected to the Shadow nanomag extension. So The Freeway has to be wired up to allow Standard/coil-splits, if possible. and How the pcb acts to the mod as it's possible that it's the cause of the muddiness of the original setup. Opinions(or help appreciated)?

A few months ago I stumbled on a article about the Muddiness in the epiphone wildkat. The problem seems to be in the hi Z wiring they used. Check out Award-sessions,com for an explanation. After changing out the wiring harness with better mini coax, all the brights came back. I also wired it with a 3way switch, 1 tone , one volume. Cutting out even more high frequency killing wire. The tone knob is useful now.

• 2 years later...

Dear Go Ahead replace your PCB with 2 500k volume pots and Tone for each bridge and neck .. and you can connect the tuner and the Shadow Nanomag directly to the back Shadow control board and also you can connect the USB audio

what you will get out of this .. you will have your guitar sound and tone back to normal guitar sound .. believe me it worth it ,.. and you will have your tuner working because the tuner uses the Nanomag as mic .. also you will have the USB audio working but with the shadow nanomag pickup .. which I dont care actually because I use external Audio Interface for recording .. what you will miss out of this tell i find solution for it .. is to take your nanomag pickup out to your amp from the 2nd output jack .. but am working on it and I believe i will success soon check my youtube video below will explain alot

Archived