Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone ES335 PRO - In-depth review

Adam Harkus

Very good comparison you have here.

Interesting how well these new epi's hold up to their (far more expensive) counter parts.

It makes you stop and think don't it!

as for that particular Epi 335 PRO, for the cost and what you get back, I'd hit it...

yea for the price it's hard to not like it

I'm still on the lean for a Sheraton II PRO tho.

They look great don't they. The thing that caught my eye about them the most is the body shape. Not as wide in the middle as the standard Sheraton and the shape is more like a true 335 shape now. It looks like the same body as the 1962 reissue sheratons.

They look great don't they. The thing that caught my eye about them the most is the body shape. Not as wide in the middle as the standard Sheraton and the shape is more like a true 335 shape now. It looks like the same body as the 1962 reissue sheratons.

Well, some of the Sheraton models are still made in Korea, and use the "Samick" style "generic" thin-line body shape.

Most, that are Qingdao Chinese made, use the "Gibson" body style, nowadays. "Dot's" can have either style, as well,

depending on country of origin. Most I've seen lately, seem to favor the "Gibson" body style.

Examples:

Korean/Samick body shape:

1301210296-body-large_zps2b3a2749.jpg

"Gibson" body shape:

1600-ETS2VSGH_body_zps92a1f67a.jpg

CB

Well, some of the Sheraton models are still made in Korea, and use the "Samick" style "generic" thin-line body shape.

Most, that are Qingdao Chinese made, use the "Gibson" body style, nowadays. "Dot's" can have either style, as well,

depending on country of origin. Most I've seen lately, seem to favor the "Gibson" body style.

Examples:

Korean/Samick body shape:

1301210296-body-large_zps2b3a2749.jpg

"Gibson" body shape:

1600-ETS2VSGH_body_zps92a1f67a.jpg

CB

Gibson style for me👍🏻

Archived