Gibson Brands Forums

What do you think of this guitar?

eagle_fly

Hi everyone,

This is apparently a J-45 "copy" that sounds relatively good to me (from the video).

I think it has long scale, solid top and back, laminated sides.

The second one is a Bird-copy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-MJ2bMoJME

again long scale, solid top and back, laminated sides.

I know it's hard to judge from such videos, but there are not many samples around.

Your opinions treaty appreciated!

Stanford Deja Vu? I've seen them on Thomann. Surprised they can get away with having the open book headstock.

Yes, Stanford Deja Vu. It seems hard to find any reviews and I wanted to know what you think about them withoutbeing influenced by what someone else said.

Oh yeah...Stanford! That's the brand I wanted to buy, but they are impossible to get in the states. I would buy their J-45 copy without reservation if I lived in Europe.

Thanks cliffenstein.

I really like your RAJ122 too. Are you happy with that beauty?

They do actually look to be really good, affordable guitars. I looked long and hard at Stanford a while back when I was looking for a reasonably priced OM guitar, I chickened out in the end because, like you, I just couldn't find enough info. Now there are quite a few reviews on the Thomann site, but they're all in German and my German is pretty basic, they all seem positive though.

I had a little look around the net before posting here and I found a DJ-45 model a 15 minute train ride away for €610 including instore setup. Not that I have any money to spend right now :( .

I've looked long and hard at the Stanford guitars - I am sure they are all long scale, 25.5" even the J45 clone. The two in the videos have solid top and back and laminate sides (like a Texan!!). My eventual thinking was that the Texan is far better value and essentially the same guitar.

I've looked long and hard at the Stanford guitars - I am sure they are all long scale, 25.5" even the J45 clone. The two in the videos have solid top and back and laminate sides (like a Texan!!). My eventual thinking was that the Texan is far better value and essentially the same guitar.

Yes, but that perfect shape and dimensions are important to many people. I've listened to a lot of footage of them and I like the looks and they sound pretty good, but I wouldn't buy one now even if sold in the US solely because my Recording King is just too perfect for me.

Archived