Gibson Brands Forums

74 Les Paul Custom reissue

ronw117

Hello, I am hoping someone may be able to help with a question I have about the new 1974 Les Paul Custom reissues.

Does anyone know how the neck size and profile compare to 1. a real 74, and 2. a 1978 Les Paul Standard? I have a 78 Standard and love the thin neck, but have heard not all 70s Les Pauls had that thin neck.

Anyone have any information on how the 74 Custom compared to a 78 standard and how the reissue compares to the real thing?

Thanks!

Guest Farnsbarns

I can't help with your questions unfortunately. Sorry to semi derail but I'm interested in this. I remember them announcing the model and I was confused at the time. It appears to be priced higher than a 74 LPC would cost on the used market. Are you thinking g if getting one?

I can't help with your questions unfortunately. Sorry to semi derail but I'm interested in this. I remember them announcing the model and I was confused at the time. It appears to be priced higher than a 74 LPC would cost on the used market. Are you thinking g if getting one?

Well, yea. That is confusing.

No new custom WOULD be cheaper than a used '74 Custom, though. Reissue or not.

I have to wonder, if the new reissue would be better in ways than the original, or how far they would take it to make it "authentic". Is it going to weigh 13 pounds?

• 4 weeks later...

Well, yea. That is confusing.

No new custom WOULD be cheaper than a used '74 Custom, though. Reissue or not.

I have to wonder, if the new reissue would be better in ways than the original, or how far they would take it to make it "authentic". Is it going to weigh 13 pounds?

not gonna weigh that much today

• 3 months later...

Archived