Gibson Brands Forums

NOS SONGWRITER DELUXE CUSTOM SHOP NO COA

mikk66

Hello all, hopefully someone can help or a Gibson rep can answer me. I just bought a 2009 brand New old Stock Songwriter deluxe custom shop. Stunning guitar, but it didn't come with the COA which I'd really like to have. I'm not getting much help from the shop I ordered it from here in Canada. Since I'm the first owner can Gibson reissue one to me? Thanks in advance.

Guest Farnsbarns

Gibson say they do not reissue COA's. If it bothers you, and it would bother me if it was supposed to have one, ask for your money back. They'll either find it very fast of refund you.

Gibson say they do not reissue COA's. If it bothers you, and it would bother me if it was supposed to have one, ask for your money back. They'll either find it very fast of refund you.

Thanks for the reply, yes the shop I bought it from LA Music in Toronto doesn't have it and are being less than cooperative letting me return it, I've had to file a PayPal claim against them and they are fighting me on it. There was actually nothing included in the case which they didn't state in their online listing. Basically telling me too bad. I hope PayPal is reasonable and sees it my way.

Guest Farnsbarns

Thanks for the reply, yes the shop I bought it from LA Music in Toronto doesn't have it and are being less than cooperative letting me return it, I've had to file a PayPal claim against them and they are fighting me on it. There was actually nothing included in the case which they didn't state in their online listing. Basically telling me too bad. I hope PayPal is reasonable and sees it my way.

Did they describe it as new? If so, you have a case against them.

Seems ridiculous that they would fight you on it. Over here distance selling laws mean that anything purchased mail order, unseen, can be returned without so much as an explanation and why would they want to force it onto an unhappy customer.

Did they describe it as new? If so, you have a case against them.

Seems ridiculous that they would fight you on it. Over here distance selling laws mean that anything purchased mail order, unseen, can be returned without so much as an explanation and why would they want to force it onto an unhappy customer.

Yes it was listed as brand new, I'm surprised I'm being treated this way by a major guitar distributer here in Canada. I just hope it all works out.

Yes it was listed as brand new, I'm surprised I'm being treated this way by a major guitar distributer here in Canada. I just hope it all works out.

A major retailer won't like to get in trouble with an important vendor. Perhaps they will be more cooperative when you tell them you plan bringing in Gibson in order to clear up the situation.

• 2 weeks later...

A major retailer won't like to get in trouble with an important vendor. Perhaps they will be more cooperative when you tell them you plan bringing in Gibson in order to clear up the situation.

Gibson has informed me that custom shops made in Montana do not come with COA, only Nashville. Who knew?

Guest Farnsbarns

Gibson has informed me that custom shops made in Montana do not come with COA, only Nashville. Who knew?

Ah, I did. If only I'd known what a songwriter was... [blush]

Archived