Gibson Brands Forums

first time and hopefully the last

the dog

So I'm 59 and we were celebrating my 8 year old daughters birthday on Sunday (wife is 24 years younger than me).....just getting ready to have cake....I got a pain in the chest....third time this week.....thought I was gonna pass out....told my wife take me to the emergency room.....EKG showed nothing but was told that some one could have an heart attack during EKG test and it might not show up....so they took a blood enzyme test and sure enough I had an attack....a few hours later they took more blood and the numbers were worse....

I ended up having 2 stents put in to open the arteries....

I never thought something like this would happen to me.....

I count my blessings....happy to be alive..... [biggrin]

oh boy, thankfully you had the good sense to get it checked out and had a persistent doctor, hearts don't generally fire too many warning shots. [unsure]

as for the stents, should help things along, and well, if I had a wife 24 years younger than me i'd be looking for all the blood flow advantages i could get ! [biggrin]

rock on HPH.

Guest Farnsbarns

Oh dear. I know how the first part felt, I went through is a few weeks ago. I was lucky, no heart attack, just a condition of the sternam called costocondritis. Look after yourself.

I must mention the irony of a thread with this title becoming a triple post! :D .

So I'm 59 and we were celebrating my 8 year old daughters birthday on Sunday (wife is 24 years younger than me).....just getting ready to have cake....I got a pain in the chest....third time this week.....thought I was gonna pass out....told my wife take me to the emergency room.....EKG showed nothing but was told that some one could have an heart attack during EKG test and it might not show up....so they took a blood enzyme test and sure enough I had an attack....a few hours later they took more blood and the numbers were worse....

I never thought something like this would happen to me.....

I count my blessings....happy to be alive..... [biggrin]

SO GLAD they caught everything in time! We're the same age and two April's ago the same thing happened to me. LDA was 95% blocked in my case (they call a blockage in that artery the 'widow-maker')in my case one stent took care of it...

As one person to another- make sure you do all the Dr's tell you to going forward. It's amazing what they can do today with technology- again, thanking the Lord you are still with us and praying for healthy years raising that fine daughter of yours (and taking care of your wife, too!).

Brian

.....just getting ready to have cake....I got a pain in the chest....

Oh man, so you had to skip the cake? Bummer! Glad to hear it all ended well though!

....told my wife take me to the emergency room.....

Clearly the right thing to do!

....so they took a blood enzyme test and sure enough I had an attack....

As I understand it, if the heart gets damaged (from a blockage cutting off part of its blood supply), it releases troponin into the bloodstream, so a simple blood test is diagnostic.

And you have a band-aid on your leg, right? Is that freaking amazing or what? No need to cut open your chest and reroute, bypass, and whatever else they used to do. There are plenty of things messed up about the world, but contemporary medical treatment is certainly headed in the right direction.

Best wishes for a full recovery, Harley!

Best wishes - I hope your health improves from now on.

In the last few years I've had a couple of bad heart scares and atrial fibrillation. Quit the cigs, cut right down on the coffee plus I take daily exercise - big improvement.

And you have a band-aid on your leg, right?

Best wishes for a full recovery, Harley!

Nope. They went in through my right wrist and that ban-aid came off Tuesday night...easier on me they said....they were right....

Everyone thanks for the kind words...much appreciated.....

my biggest thing is my diet.....Fatty foods are my problem....and I can't take statins for my cholesterol....no medicine....I can just diet....I'm very active and not over weight and am a non smoker..... :rolleyes:

OMG.. this is getting scary

you're the second person in a week I've heard have this happen. the first is my daughter in laws mom. had some shortness of breath that she wrote off as seasonale alergies

then one day (last friday) she was feeling great one minute, the next, asking someone to call 911... she had 2 stents and needs a third. she's 65, pretty active.

This is all starting to make me wonder if I make it back home when I head out for a run. (I'm 58, not overweight, and my wife is pretty hip to what we should and should not eat.)

I hope everything is ok from here HP. Take care of yerself man,, try to change the diet. I know it sucks, .. it's worth it in the end.

Glad you were aware of it and got it done all right. Keep on taking care for yourself, HP!

Must have been a shock for your wife and your daughter, too, let alone during her birthday celebration.

Our bass player suffered a heart attack in April at the age of 45. He also had the luck to get help in time and also got two stents immediately.

my biggest thing is my diet.....Fatty foods are my problem

Our bass player suffered a heart attack in April at the age of 45

Forty-five eh. Ok, that's got my attention. (apols for self interest).

What sort of foods are they recommending you avoid HPH?

Very best to you hp and I hope it never happens again.

My wife is 18 years younger...and she gives me palpitations :rolleyes: .

I take fairly hefty doses of statins. completely brought my LDL down but i have no illusions. As my dad said after his heart attack: Everyday above ground is a good day.

What sort of foods are they recommending you avoid HPH?

Through influenza I suffered a myocarditis earlier this year which ate up 70% of my heart muscle. I hardly survived that. They told me what would be best to eat at which time of day. In the morning carbohydrates are best, for lunch everything is allowed, and at night it's best to avoid carbohydrates and eat albumen and fat. They told me that for supporting the healing of the heart muscle chicken and turkey albumen are best. Fat should be mainly from vegetables and fish with the latter providing good proteins, too.

They said food like this would be the best evening meal - without bread, please, to avoid carbohydrates:

245001-960x720-bunter-salat-mit-putenstreifen.jpg

Through influenza I suffered a myocarditis earlier this year which ate up 70% of my heart muscle. I hardly survived that. They told me what would be best to eat at which time of day. In the morning carbohydrates are best, for lunch everything is allowed, and at night it's best to avoid carbohydrates and eat albumen and fat. They told me that for supporting the healing of the heart muscle chicken and turkey albumen are best. Fat should be mainly from vegetables and fish with the latter providing good proteins, too.

They said food like this would be the best evening meal - without bread, please, to avoid carbohydrates:

245001-960x720-bunter-salat-mit-putenstreifen.jpg

that looks delicious....I love the basil.....I can eat something like that every day....

Archived