Gibson Brands Forums

The Marshall Astoria amp demo

Rabs

Not cheap... but sound nice (I will have an Astoria Dual combo please.... pretty please???)

http://blog.andertons.co.uk/guitars/new-marshall-astoria-series-amps

Marshall Amps are Iconic, Stylish and can be found at the heart of the biggest gig rigs across the world. New for 2015 is the Astoria Series, with a classic retro style and pure, unfettered vintage tone these are just stunning.

Designed, engineered and built in Bletchley this is a really great amp. The Astoria Series features footswitchable Channels, gain Boost and series FX Loop, with push/pull tonal switching and power reduction.

“The new Astoria Series has been built not only for the sonic connoisseur who craves hand-wired, point to point, all-valve tone, with world-class build quality and attention to detail, but who also desires contemporary features and functionality.”

Astoria Classic

The Astoria Classic is a single channel amplifier that will appeal to purists who want loud, clean valve tone, and to boutique pedal enthusiasts who will find it the perfect pure-valve foundation for their sound.

Astoria Custom

The Astoria Custom is a single channel amplifier for tone seekers who want it vintage but with the convenience of contemporary features and switching: footswitchable valve driven FX Loop, tone shaping pull switches and footswitchable gain boost.

Astoria Dual

The Astoria Dual, with two footswitchable channels, goes from vintage pure-valve cleans, to dirty-sweet overdrive, to higher gain harmonic distortion. Combine this with footswitchable FX Loop and extended tonal shaping for added performance flexibility.

The three models are covered with coloured tolex: Blue & Cream for Dual, Red & Cream for Custom and Green & Cream for Classic. The Astoria 1 x 12” cab is available in each colour to match.

Damn Rabs it has to be 5am London time. Are you a vampire?! [scared]

Great amp, I wanted to hear their contribution to the boutique market. Oddly enough, unknowingly, they probably invented it along with Fender.

Damn Rabs it has to be 5am London time. Are you a vampire?! [scared]

Great amp, I wanted to hear their contribution to the boutique market. Oddly enough, unknowingly, they probably invented it along with Fender.

Lol... always have been a night owl (its 4:25 :unsure: ).. and yes I generally try to get to bed before it gets light or I may turn to dust :D

Or more like the truth.. just a sad attestment to my bachelor/unemployed life style [rolleyes]

(but yes, bed soon).

Archived