Gibson Brands Forums

Are Gibson Les Paul Juniors still being manufactured?

CarlosCastaneda

The Les Paul Junior is my favorite guitar just because of how I am a fan of Green Day, but don't worry, I don't plan on smashing this model like what Billie did in 2012 (nobody gets the joke). I have been trying to look for stores within California but I just cannot find the model, it says that the retailer does not carry the item. Has Gibson seized the production or is it just hard to find? Thanks in advanced if anyone responds!

The Les Paul Junior is my favorite guitar just because of how I am a fan of Green Day, but don't worry, I don't plan on smashing this model like what Billie did in 2012 (nobody gets the joke). I have been trying to look for stores within California but I just cannot find the model, it says that the retailer does not carry the item. Has Gibson seized the production or is it just hard to find? Thanks in advanced if anyone responds!

There is a model in the 2015 range available; a single cut, single P90 model. These might well have all been snatched up by now.

As yet, we've not seen the complete 2016 range; they may bring it back again, they may not. It might be worth looking for a second hand model.

There is a model in the 2015 range available; a single cut, single P90 model. These might well have all been snatched up by now.

As yet, we've not seen the complete 2016 range; they may bring it back again, they may not. It might be worth looking for a second hand model.

Thanks for that man, I knew the 2016 range was incomplete, but hey I might even get it for maybe $300-$400 less because the Tronical Tune system is not on 2016 models. But thanks for the response!

• 2 weeks later...

Our local Guitar Center has a 2015 Les Paul Junior. Single cut, single pickup, burst color. I played it, and it is amazing. Good luck finding one.

Yeah, I've been seeing the 2015 Juniors all over the place lately (GC, Sam Ash) for $599.

And I definitely would have snagged one if I hadn't already bought a '15 Special Double Cut at GC last month for the same price.

FullSizeRender_zpsbd5nipla.jpg

IMG_7477_zpsary3knhu.jpg

IMG_7480_zps9htkqzbu.jpg

IMG_7156_zpslrbvaco5.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

New LP Jnr details up now :)

http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/2016/USA/Les-Paul-Junior-Single-Coil-Limited.aspx

$1299

Tuners: Vintage style white buttons

Nut: Tecktoid nut

Neck: Slim taper '60s style neck profile

Fingerboard: Thicker one piece rosewood fingerboard

Inlays: Dot inlays

Finish: Satin Vintage Sunburst

Pickups: P90SR and P90ST+

Hardware: Nickel Tune-o-Matic and Stop Bar tailpiece

Electronics: Simple controls

Carrying bag: Padded gigbag

LPJSC101_zpsuefytkys.jpg

Yeah, 2 pickup versions are traditionally called "Specials!" BUT, that hasn't stopped Gibson

from using the "Jr." moniker, before! I have 2 "Les Paul Jr. Lite's" that, except for their

mini-trapezoid fret markers, are basically Double Cut LP Specials!

CB

And I have a 2011 Gibson "Melody Maker Special" which seems more like a regular Special to me in a way - includes 2 pickups and the Les Paul headstock - but I guess they can name 'em what they want... (??)

I'm pretty sure they only made these models for one year..

MM_IMG_6778is_zps140ad371.jpg

MM_IMG_6796is_zps6c620228.jpg

621330667b1769a76cbb8a86e8bf60d7_zpsb7e5f8ee.jpeg

MM_IMG_6846is_zps39a3bc46.jpg

Archived