Gibson Brands Forums

Fender Bassman '59 primi anni 90

freder

Ciao a tutti, non so se sia questo il posto adatto per parlare di questo amp Fender [rolleyes] ma dato che siete stati sempre così disponibili avrei proprio bisogno di qualche parere da voi chitarristi più esperti di me in materia..

Premetto che da sempre ho utilizzato diversi Marshall, ma è da qualche anno ormai che sono affascinato dal sound del vecchio Blues e quindi sto per approdare in casa Fender per un ampli che,nel bene o nel male,ha sempre fatto discutere molto.

Finalmente dopo tante ricerche e soprattutto cercando di stare dentro anche al mio "budget" sono riuscito a trovare un Fender Bassman '59 dei primi anni '90,credo quindi che faccia parte delle prime Reissue.

L'ampli è in ottimo stato estetico e funzionale a quanto mi ha detto il proprietario,sono solo stati sostituiti 2 dei 4 coni Eminence Blue Frame con 2 Jencen P10R più recenti.

Ovviamente prima di procedere all'acquisto andrò a provarlo,ma volevo chiedere a voi pareri e considerazione su questo amplificatore e magari avere anche qualche opinione su queste prime riedizioni di cui io non so moltissimo..

Lascio a voi la parola e vi ringrazio in anticipo come sempre :rolleyes:

Grazie della risposta!

So che nei nuovi bassman hanno apportato dei miglioramenti,storicamente più corretti rispetto alle riedizioni precedenti,ma penso comunque che anche i bassman di quegli anni siano di ottima qualità..in particolare questo Bassman monta 2 dei 4 coni che montano anche i nuovi Bassman '59 LTD ovvero i Jencen P10R...Gli Eminence Blue Frame invece non li ho mai provati..

Comunque ogni dubbio me lo toglierò sicuramente con la prova [biggrin]

I do not speak Italian, but my computer translates from Italian to English. Hopefully, you can translate my English to your Italian.

Bassman is a good choice to replace a Marshall. They sound very much LIKE a Marshall, complete with roar and crunch. Unlike most situations, you can turn up a Bassman where turning up a Marshall is too loud. So in many instance, a Bassman sounds MORE like a Marshall.

Unfortunately, the Fender reissues fall short of this. They do not sound or react the same as the genuine old Bassmans do. They generally sound like a clean amp until you turn them WAY up, and at that point, they become very bright, and often harsh. Also one dimensional compared to the open dynamic sound of the real Fenders, or the better amps.

Not slamming them, the are inexpensive. Shouldn't be expected to be as good. Just saying, don't expect a Bassman reissue to sound like a Bassman, or think you know what a Bassman sounds like based on the reissues.

So...having said that, the early reissues are generally better than the later ones, and part of that is the speakers. The Eminence made ones used don't really have a reputation where they are sought after, and not considered REAL "reissues", but the Jensen reissues suffer from too much brightness, which doesn't go away. While they do sound like Jensens in some ways, Jensens were never that bright. Most of the reissue or circuit board amps from Fender that have the Eminence I have heard have always sounded better than the ones with reissue Jensens.

To get the best sound out of them, using a weaker rectifier tube and 6L6 tubes gets the best sound. A friend of mine once brought one over, and the tubes we ended up with were NOS RCA tubes (like 70's...not the expensive ones) that were also quite weak from use. Also a 5y3 rectifier. If you wanted to go that far.

Also, around the same time (or a little after?) the speaker change, the circuit boards were changed. Same specs I think, but just a different board. It is generally thought that the early ones sounded better. I tend to agree.

Archived