Gibson Brands Forums

Another worried owner!!!!

motlycat

Guitars can not be authenticated using the serial#. Particularly Gibson, where forgers have become hip to the fact that some will try and use the serial# to authenticate, which they respond by using "authentic" serial#s.

The only way to authenticate a Gibson (or any other guitar) is to inspect the guitar itself, and let an expert look at the construction details to tell who built it. As an alternative, it can be done over the internet if DETAILED pics are given, and enough of them for someone to be able to see what they need to.

Guitars can not be authenticated using the serial#. Particularly Gibson, where forgers have become hip to the fact that some will try and use the serial# to authenticate, which they respond by using "authentic" serial#s.

The only way to authenticate a Gibson (or any other guitar) is to inspect the guitar itself, and let an expert look at the construction details to tell who built it. As an alternative, it can be done over the internet if DETAILED pics are given, and enough of them for someone to be able to see what they need to.

Cheers for the quick reply.....i'll put some photos up over the weekend.Thanks very much.

Hi Guys.....just bought a alledged Gibson Les Paul Custom VOS LTD run(one of 25) in Pellham Blue,having a bit of bother nailing down the serial number......any help would be great thanks in advance folks.............CS 104395

Email us at service@gibson.com with the serial number and pictures of the guitar and we'll be happy to check it out.

• 1 month later...

Email us at service@gibson.com with the serial number and pictures of the guitar and we'll be happy to check it out.

I'm wondering, what's Gibson's opinion / advice on people posting their serial numbers and complete description in their entirety on the web? I would think that the cloners LOVE to see this?

Archived