Gibson Brands Forums

I thought summer was a done deal 104 today

brc

I thought when we hit October, summer was over.

Here in Orange County, so Ca. it was 104 at 4:30 today !

I guess some one pissed off mother nature again.

Don't know who did, but I have had enough.

And it's drier than a popcorn fart out there too. Some kid burning ants with a magnifying glass could start a wild fire. Be careful

TC

I feel your pain. I live near the coast because I like the high 60's low 70's temps most of the time. This high 80, 90 and triple digit stuff just sucks.

Climate change is real. Get used to it.

I'm actually a firm believer in this. Warm spots are cold, cold spots are warm, dry spots are wet, wet spots are dry...go figure. All I know is glcaiers are getting smaller and polar bears are getting skinnier. Not a good thing.

I feel your pain. I live near the coast because I like the high 60's low 70's temps most of the time. This high 80, 90 and triple digit stuff just sucks.

I was inside all day but one of my co-workers told me that she fried when she went outside. Weird. Gotta water the trees tomorrow, definitely.

I love you guys. You know I do.

But I just have to say, you cats are in SO. CAL. Lets be honest. You guys are literally in the most desirable place anywhere on the planet as far as beautiful weather.

And I know Y'all can afford AC.

I could at least try and have a little sympathy, but that's gonna take a LOT of effort.

I could at least try and have a little sympathy, but that's gonna take a LOT of effort.

I hear ya. And agree. I didn't grow up here so I have a different level of appreciation. Notice my b!tchin was fairly subdued.

I hear ya. And agree. I didn't grow up here so I have a different level of appreciation. Notice my b!tchin was fairly subdued.

I grew up in South Whittier ( EAST LA, for those reading who aren't from). Then spent last 3 years of high school in Tustin (Orange County) and early early 20's between Whittier and Santa Ana/Tustin/Orange.

I know the weather down there. It's beautiful.

Even on a really hot day, you just have to wait it out until evening. It cools down. You get about 10 months of summer, 2 1/2 months of fall (most would call it "pre"-fall, 2 weeks of spring, and back to basically year-round summer.

Portland OR is pretty mild, just rains a lot. We get about 3 or 4 months of summer/clear skies. But when it gets hot here, it STAYS hot all day and all night.

I'm actually a firm believer in this. Warm spots are cold, cold spots are warm, dry spots are wet, wet spots are dry...go figure. All I know is glcaiers are getting smaller and polar bears are getting skinnier. Not a good thing.

I'm still wondering why I park in a driveway and then drive on a parkway.. [confused]

I'm still wondering why I park in a driveway and then drive on a parkway.. [confused]

Easy answer... you drive on a parkway because it's the way through a park and you park in your driveway cuz you got too much crap in your garage to park in there. [biggrin]

Guest Farnsbarns

Climate change is real. Get used to it.

Yep. The climate changes constantly. Has done since the dawn of the earth. This ice age coming to it's natural end is a real pia.

OC is the land of strip malls, commuters, all those blacktop boulevards, parking lots, cars, trucks ... and people wonder who pissed off Mother Nature.

Either way, weather is weather. We don't actually control it.

I will say, one thing I miss from the "old days" that is different now, is it seems we can't talk about the weather without having to talk about climate change. I don't think anything and everything should be an excuse to bring it up.

Sometimes, the weather is just the weather. Not a belief system. Not a political subject. Just, weather.

Either way, weather is weather.

Weather and climate are two different things. Weather is what it's like today at your house. Climate is weather data over many, many years. Big difference. A lot of people get them confused.

Whether you want to talk about the weather or not, iIt was hotter than hades today when I took a walk. I had to stop by the athletic center and ask them if I could have a drink of water. I got one no problem. I'm still alive. It was really hot.

Whether you want to talk about the weather or not, iIt was hotter than hades today when I took a walk. I had to stop by the athletic center and ask them if I could have a drink of water. I got one no problem. I'm still alive. It was really hot.

Today was a little chilly, guessing about 60's. Maybe low 70's. Mild.

But...it rained nearly all day, but at some points, BUCKETS of water. Then, no rain.

It's just WET. But I have learned to kinda like it.

ohh, the irony.

I lived in Vancouver (not B.C.), Washington (not D.C) in 2009 and half of 2010 before moving back to California. Yes it can get cold and rainy but overall the weather was great and in the summer, when it stays light until 10 something, it get's downright hot. Overall great experience. Went to the restaurant that rtc talked about. Took my 85 y/o (at that time) mother to the Oregon coast. I like it better than the Washington coast near where Nirvana was from.

The San Juan Islands though were the bomb. Got married there. Doesn't reach 104 often. <_<

Archived