Gibson Brands Forums

I'll be in Pittsburgh today

saturn

So I'm in PA with the wife and Father In Law. He's got plans to visit certain bakeries and delicatessens in Pittsburgh. I know Cookieman can give me some ideas of interest. Anyone else familiar with the city that can give me a suggestion?

Thanks

BTW I began the sentence with SO just for Murph [biggrin]

So I'm in PA with the wife and Father In Law. He's got plans to visit certain bakeries and delicatessens in Pittsburgh. I know Cookieman can give me some ideas of interest. Anyone else familiar with the city that can give me a suggestion?

Thanks

BTW I began the sentence with SO just for Murph [biggrin]

Hey Sat, just saw your post and figured you might already have found some things to do.

You have to make a stop up on Mt. Washington for a great view of the city. You can park down on the south side and ride the incline up to the top.

Stop and get a Primanti Brothers Sandwich.

We have the Andy Warhol Museum near PNC park

There's Station Square with restaurants and shops on the south side

The Carnegie Science Center always has some cool stuff going on

Really depends how long your in town for.

Have fun brother!

I lived in the P'bgh area in the late 70's. Best advice I can give you is get the hell out of town asap. No offense to my local PG pals, I've just lived in too many places that suit me more...

Totally different place than in the 70s but that could be because you left.

Lol 😮😛😀

Totally different place than in the 70s but that could be because you left.

Lol 😮😛😀

Link isn't working, but like I said, it was the 70's and I've lived in a lot of places. It just wasn't one of my favorites. No need to get personal, I don't think that i did, just offerred my opinion of the place at a time when I lived there.

Link isn't working, but like I said, it was the 70's and I've lived in a lot of places. It just wasn't one of my favorites. No need to get personal, I don't think that i did, just offerred my opinion of the place at a time when I lived there.

Sorry Dennis wasnt a personal attack, just having some fun. Sorry if it came out that way.

Hey Sat, just saw your post and figured you might already have found some things to do.

You have to make a stop up on Mt. Washington for a great view of the city. You can park down on the south side and ride the incline up to the top.

Stop and get a Primanti Brothers Sandwich.

We have the Andy Warhol Museum near PNC park

There's Station Square with restaurants and shops on the south side

The Carnegie Science Center always has some cool stuff going on

Really depends how long your in town for.

Have fun brother!

Yeah Cookie, I wish I had more time there and more of my own itinerary to follow. But we did do a few things on your list. The view from the incline is awesome. I actually went to Primanti Brothers and got a sandwich and T shirt. I was wondering what that Carnegie building was, right next to (the hated [flapper]) Heinz Field. I guess it's the Science Center? I saw a poster in a bakery advertising Peter Frampton playing some Carnegie Music Hall or something like that and thought maybe that was the place. :-k

Anyway it's a great city and I hope to go back and do more.

Pittsburgh%207_zpsksfwevib.jpg

Pittsburgh%2011_zps0cl91qbh.jpg

Pittsburgh%2034_zpswhtspisf.jpg

On the way home, we stopped by the Shanksville Memorial to Flight 93. That was pretty somber but worth the time.

Yeah Cookie, I wish I had more time there and more of my own itinerary to follow. But we did do a few things on your list. The view from the incline is awesome. I actually went to Primanti Brothers and got a sandwich and T shirt. I was wondering what that Carnegie building was, right next to (the hated [flapper]) Heinz Field. I guess it's the Science Center? I saw a poster in a bakery advertising Peter Frampton playing some Carnegie Music Hall or something like that and thought maybe that was the place. :-k

Anyway it's a great city and I hope to go back and do more.

Pittsburgh%207_zpsksfwevib.jpg

Pittsburgh%2011_zps0cl91qbh.jpg

Pittsburgh%2034_zpswhtspisf.jpg

On the way home, we stopped by the Shanksville Memorial to Flight 93. That was pretty somber but worth the time.

Glad you had a beautiful day. It's not the old smokey steel town people were brought up on all those years ago

Archived