Gibson Brands Forums

2016 Les Paul Standard

ramblnmn

Hello all,

I'm looking to purchase A 2016 Les Paul Standard and was wondering if they come with a pic guard....?

Also if they don't is there a way of having one installed...?

Also how would a person go about having one installed if they don't come with one and want one?

Thanks for any help

If I had a Les Paul without and wanted to add one I would go this route:

http://www.bobbyleesignatureseries.com/mobile/#home

Or look for some original 2015 pickup rings and pickguard on ebay.

If you are sure that you wanna have it on your Les Paul that you never ever gonna sell because it's your dream guitar.

Just drill and screw!

I don't see any photos what they look like mounted to the rings. I think Ibanez does that on their higher end semi hollows. That will work

Yeah drilling into the LP Standard never sounds quite right. Even when various LPs came with one but not installed its really a matter of playing and collecting and personal preference with playing. I just prefer to play with the guard on. Either or I can see.

This is a job for the mechanical literate though. [biggrin] Myself I would just take my time and install it but I also realize some people don't have the tools and are apprehensive with experimenting with a 3000 dollar LP.

Most of the 2016 Les Paul Standards come with the factory pick guard installed.

But you do have to buy a strap.

That's extra.

And a cable.

And (preferably) a name-brand amplifier.

But the pick guard is already on most of them.

:mellow:

The 2016 Traditional model comes with the PG installed... but the Standard does not. http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/LPNSTDPTSCH

They do include the PG (& screws) in the Standard's case though, but don't pre-drill the holes for it, so the new owner will have to drill them if they want the PG installed.

Personally, if I had bought a 2016 Standard (instead of the 2016 Trad I bought) I'd have just found and installed a 2015 removable/screwless PG... no need to drill an otherwise undrilled top when there are other options. But that's just me... and I do happen to have a 2015 PG that I snagged of eBay just in case I ever found myself with an LP that hadn't been drilled. Just in case.... ;)

Archived