Gibson Brands Forums

NGD ES-Les Paul Blacktop!

JasonG

Its very different compared to my regular LP. It as more of a 339-esque tone than a LP. Tone is amazing and sustain is pretty damn good. I love that the MHS pups can go from clean to growl quite nicely too. This one is a keeper. I also had an Earvana nut installed and the intonation is spot on and perfect!

Very nice! How does it feel against a full-bodied LP? Not in terms of weight; the tone and sustain sorta' stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Its very different compared to my regular LP. It as more of a 339-esque tone than a LP. Tone is amazing and sustain is pretty damn good. I love that the MHS pups can go from clean to growl quite nicely too. This one is a keeper. I also had an Earvana nut installed and the intonation is spot on and perfect!

Never played done but did try the Epi Florentine, which impressed me a lot. So can only imagine what the ES-LP must be like. [drool]

Was it the brass zero-fret nut that you swapped out?

This is quiet different than the Epi you tried construction wise as this is more 339 than LP but an awesome guitar none the less!

The ES LP is Memphis made. Memphis made Gibsons (Customs and hollow and semi hollow bodies) never received the ill welcomed wider brass nut and mini tunes fortunately. This model being a 2014 had essentially a plastic nut (2015s have bone) I put an Earvana compensated nut on all of my GIbsons as they really make an amazing difference in tuning and intonation. They are worth checking out. http://www.earvana.com/

Never played done but did try the Epi Florentine, which impressed me a lot. So can only imagine what the ES-LP must be like. [drool]

Was it the brass zero-fret nut that you swapped out?

Archived