Gibson Brands Forums

G-Force PCB Sticking into the nitro finish

CarlosCastaneda

Alright, I know that the G-force System is a very innovative product but also kinda dumb to sell a Gibson Product with it installed, a week ago something came to mind, this is about the PCB (The main machine of the system, coloured black, has the letters of strings, has the controls ect.), with all the weather changes with seasons and stuff, won't the PCB sink into the nitro finish overtime leaving an ugly mark in the finish. Please tell me if I am wrong, thanks!

-Carlos

post-74366-041528600 1444994495_thumb.jpg

won't the PCB sink into the nitro finish overtime leaving an ugly mark in the finish. Please tell me if I am wrong, thanks!

-Carlos

It can leave an impression in the finish just as all tuners do on Gibson guitars because Nitro is a crappy and soft finish.

It can leave an impression in the finish just as all tuners do on Gibson guitars because Nitro is a crappy and soft finish.

Well, there are impressions caused by hardware on poly finishes, too. They don't bother me though. More or less sensitive skin seems to be the nature of the beasts. [biggrin]

Archived