Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson ES 335 Dot Memphis?

Hi!

My name is Mauricio, and I would like to ask you guys to help me identify the model of my Gibson ES 335. I guess it's a Memphis Dot, but I'm not sure because the inside tag (the round red one) is not well written.

I bought it used at Guitar Center, and it came without any identification or Gibson certification. Just the hard case.

So, here are some photos. Hope you can help, I would appreciate.

post-74466-036802600 1445003379_thumb.jpg

post-74466-014340000 1445003443_thumb.jpg

post-74466-044627700 1445003595_thumb.jpg

post-74466-060412300 1445003667_thumb.jpg

Now I got the edit of your first post. First there was one pic, then two. For high resolution uploading to a photo provider account and linking the pics here is required. We have only 500 kB memory space per account here.

I don't see anything wrong on your guitar, rather the opposite - she's really nice! [love][thumbup]

Don't worry about the eight-digit serial number. These may appear on Gibson Memphis guitars also after July 2005.

Yes, hahaha - there appear to be four pics now! [biggrin] Anyway, no change in general, still a pretty catch, mate! [wub]

Hey! Thanks for the replies.

Yes, I love it. [love] And I thought it was an authentic Gibson... but the model was a catch for me. There are so many ES335 models that look alike, that narrowing it down is a bit hard for me. I'm thinking about changing its hum buckers for some more "old schooled" ones (like PAFs, or something like that). But I wanted to identify it first [cool]

Thanks a lot! [biggrin]

... I'm thinking about changing its hum buckers for some more "old schooled" ones (like PAFs, or something like that). ...

My guess is they are '57 Classics and thus close to "real" PAFs selling used ridiculously overpriced.

My guess is they are '57 Classics and thus close to "real" PAFs selling used ridiculously overpriced.

Yep, I guess this are 57. I have a Les Paul Standard Plus 2006, that I switched the original burstbuckers to some Seymour Duncan PAFs (I don't remember exactly the model). Oh, they began to sound so much better after.....

But this 57 do sound really better than the burstbuckers.

Archived