Gibson Brands Forums

New R0 G0 guitar day

turtle

Hey guys!! I Just purchased a used 2005 gibson Les Paul reissue G0 and I am in heaven. The neck is not like a 60's and a bit beefier(not sure if historic is that way compared to Usa) thicker than my 335 which has a thin 59 profile. The knobs are super fast feeling with no scratching or issues. Just fast not loose. The frets and finish are perfect with patina going on but to be expected. The burst is perfect shape color etc to my liking. The burstbuckers which I've had before in a USA gibson seem way more fat and clear. The middle position is almost out of phase sounding -think tea for 1 when backed off. Etc etc etc. don't wanna bore you guys but I now know what the hype is about historics. There is no other les paul!!! I'm shocked at the quality playability weight n sound. Just awesome. I had a 2006 standard before and this is 3x the guitar and I felt I had the best standard on The block. Lol. For the first time I will not be doing anything to my guitar. Stock all the way. Also came with all the unopened case candy in a folder. Bought for $2200. Thanks for letting me rant. I had to spew about it

Also- anyone know The proper color name to these. It's an orange page/slash looking burst? I'll post pics just forgot how

sorry.

Hey guys!! I Just purchased a used 2005 gibson Les Paul reissue G0 and I am in heaven. The neck is not like a 60's and a bit beefier(not sure if historic is that way compared to Usa) thicker than my 335 which has a thin 59 profile. The knobs are super fast feeling with no scratching or issues. Just fast not loose. The frets and finish are perfect with patina going on but to be expected. The burst is perfect shape color etc to my liking. The burstbuckers which I've had before in a USA gibson seem way more fat and clear. The middle position is almost out of phase sounding -think tea for 1 when backed off. Etc etc etc. don't wanna bore you guys but I now know what the hype is about historics. There is no other les paul!!! I'm shocked at the quality playability weight n sound. Just awesome. I had a 2006 standard before and this is 3x the guitar and I felt I had the best standard on The block. Lol. For the first time I will not be doing anything to my guitar. Stock all the way. Also came with all the unopened case candy in a folder. Bought for $2200. Thanks for letting me rant. I had to spew about it

Also- anyone know The proper color name to these. It's an orange page/slash looking burst? I'll post pics just forgot how

sorry.

Pictures...or it didn't happen. Won't believe it until they're here.

Will also help with identifying the colour msp_thumbup.gif

Guest Farnsbarns

Glad you got it! Congrats.

RI necks are all over the place. A member here, Pippy, has a 59 and he says my 58 neck is thinner. This just adds to the authenticity. They were all or the place in 58-60 too.

Thanks cap!!! Here's one I had on my phone. I'll take more(of course). Please tell me what u think! Please don't say it looks like a

Slash's guitar😂. More to come.......

image_zpssgraiz7z.jpge

It looks like Saul Hudsons' guitar msp_biggrin.gifmsp_flapper.gif

Guest Farnsbarns

That settles it. I'm sure I now know one difference between an R0 and a G0. GC hand picked the tops, they must have done, they're all stunning plain tops. That's gorgeous.

Wow - very pretty plain top and a nice finish. [love] Beautiful catch, Turtle! [wub]

I'm not a finish expert, bur its naming may also depend on the back. Perhaps you let us take a look there?

When I get home today I'll take a butt shot and some more. Also anybody use the wrap around technique on their aluminium tail piece? I did it this time but kinda like the look of it straight through. Heads up when you see pics👍

I'm really partial to Saul Burst now. 😂😂😂😂😂.

Ya I was just curious. It was listed as lemon. I have seen others listed the same. This ain't no lemon. Ha

[biggrin] But can be seen as a Lemon Burst possibly. [rolleyes]

When taking a look at some RIs I'm not sure if some perhaps are named afterwards. Finishing using vintage components will produce less consistent results than modern ones I think.

guy had a es336 in tangerine burst that was pretty close but almost this color after a triple dose of caffene. Lol. A lot brighter and Bolder. I like this one. Mellow

Lemon Burst, Tea Burst, Iced Tea, Light Burst, yes, and Tangerine Burst - the transitions seem to be blurred. But then I guess this is the very essence of burst finishes ;)

Lemon Burst, Tea Burst, Iced Tea, Light Burst, yes, and Tangerine Burst - the transitions seem to be blurred. But then I guess this is the very essence of burst finishes ;)

Actually they should all be called faded cherry sunburst right? As that was the only color offered back then 😮

Guest Farnsbarns

Also curious if the other LP reissues have red finish bleed on the neck binding. Was this done on purpose? I don't mind it, just curious.

Yes although this generally happens over time and not when new.

Archived