Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Nighthawk Nancy Wilson

Wolfd91

hi,

i got a Gibson Nighthawk Nancy Wilson 1994 for my birthday but i'v got to do some restoration.

but i don't know wich pickups and pickup frames i need.

If there is someone who knows this kind of stuff please let me know.

Thanks

Fortunately it's not an Anne Wilson model with a setup done at Washburn. There could be more than just perfume left. Refer to this (CAUTION - probably X-rated [scared] )

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/does-anyone-remember-nashville-straights-guitar-strings.1216751/#post-14895128

I admit I had a crush on Anne Wilson then, too, but wouldn't have gone that far I guess. [rolleyes]

Fortunately it's not an Anne Wilson model with a setup done at Washburn. There could be more than just perfume left. Refer to this (CAUTION - probably X-rated [scared] )

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/does-anyone-remember-nashville-straights-guitar-strings.1216751/#post-14895128

I admit I had a crush on Anne Wilson then, too, but wouldn't have gone that far I guess. [rolleyes]

Now that's just gross.

I saw the Wilson girls in San Francisco a couple of years ago, where the picture above was taken. They're still cool

Now that's just gross.

Yep. I accidentally ran into that some days ago while researching on Nashville Straights guitar strings. They were rather common here around 1980, same as D'Angelico Roller Wounds. As I found out, both these string makes are long gone. Just the memories are left.

In some ways, I kinda still do. I can relate.

But I can't see getting that excited over a Washburn.

hi,

i got a Gibson Nighthawk Nancy Wilson 1994 for my birthday but i'v got to do some restoration.

but i don't know wich pickups and pickup frames i need.

If there is someone who knows this kind of stuff please let me know.

Thanks

Back to topic now. What parts do you exactly need? Or in other words, what is left of the gear she came stock with? Perhaps Gibson has some spare parts left in stock matching your guitar?

The options are not that numerous I think. I did extensive research and found out that still some bridge pickup replacement leftovers made by Seymour Duncan are left for sale but the pickup ring is a hard task. I just found a single source located here in Germany.

Seymour Duncan also makes mini humbuckers with four-conductor wiring but they don't seem to make them with gold-plated covers. I'm also not sure the pickup rings I found will match pickup and all of the screw holes.

• 1 month later...

Yep. I accidentally ran into that some days ago while researching on Nashville Straights guitar strings. They were rather common here around 1980, same as D'Angelico Roller Wounds. As I found out, both these string makes are long gone. Just the memories are left.

Yeah, I used to buy those Nashville Straights also for my Alvarez. Long box! Lol

Archived