Gibson Brands Forums

Rain, Hail Or Shine?

Digger

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too bad today with a top of 26c ( 82f) here today.

It was warm in bed again last night and we needed the ceiling fan going until the early hours. It's starting to get light here about 5 am these mornings and is light of an evening until after 8. (DST time)

Currently in Southern Minnesota:

:)

Overcast

46°F

8°C

Humidity 100%

Wind Speed S 12 G 17 mph

Barometer 29.19 in

Dewpoint 46°F (8°C)

Visibility 10.00 mi

Wind Chill 40°F (4°C)

Last update 18 Nov 8:55 am CST

Crikey Doug, those temperature and still 100% humidity? Is that usual there?

So here today we have 34c or 98f as a maximum predicted. It's 0542 and quite warm already. I intend to pressure wash the verandah and patio today so a bit of stray water might be just the thing to keep cool.

Last night was rainy, and VERY windy...kinda cool.

2 of my workmates lost trees.

So...it was a clear day today to start with, cool (50's?), nice day. Then I heard from the weather guessers it was going to rain TWICE as much tonight.

So...decided it was a good day to make all my materiel deliveries today. Which I did. Feeling on top of things.

Currently in Southern Minnesota I'm afraid Fall is over here :mellow: :

Overcast

32°F

0°C

Humidity 60%

Wind Speed SW 3 mph

Barometer 30.23 in

Dewpoint 19°F (-7°C)

Visibility 10.00 mi

WINTER STORM WARNING NOW until

6:00am Sat

Winter Storm Warning

Today: Snow, mainly after noon. The snow could be heavy at times. Temperature rising to near 32 (0c) by noon, then falling to around 27 (-2.8c) during the remainder of the day. Light and variable wind becoming northeast 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Chance Snow

then Heavy

Snow

High: 32 °F (0 C)⇓

Tonight: Snow, mainly before 1am. Low around 17 (-8.3c). Wind chill values as low as 5 (-15c). North wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Snow then

Snow Likely

Low: 17 °F (-8.3c)

Last update 20 Nov 9:55 am CST

The lowest we get where I am in the foothills is -2C and that persists only until the sun comes up.

Today is supposed to be 20c (70F) here with the chance of a shower. It poured yesterday arvo and a lot of the night. Unfortunately we had to go to the opening of an art show and then out to tea.

Not a good night to be driving!

It poured yesterday arvo and a lot of the night. Unfortunately we had to go to the opening of an art show and then out to tea.

Not a good night to be driving!

THAT'S a good description of life here.

Good wipers, good coat, a hat. It's no problem.

Yesterday, I washed the truck, washed the driveway and sidewalks, watered the lawn, all while I slept.

Crikey Doug, those temperature and still 100% humidity? Is that usual there?

So here today we have 34c or 98f as a maximum predicted. It's 0542 and quite warm already. I intend to pressure wash the verandah and patio today so a bit of stray water might be just the thing to keep cool.

Yes, sir, Dig. It had been raining so the air was cold and drippy.

THAT'S a good description of life here.

Good wipers, good coat, a hat. It's no problem.

Yesterday, I washed the truck, washed the driveway and sidewalks, watered the lawn, all while I slept.

You washed the truck?

It's you fault that it rained then!

I don't and never have owned a coat~

1448038566[/url]' post='1713449']

Currently in Southern Minnesota I'm afraid Fall is over here :mellow: :

Overcast

32°F

0°C

Humidity 60%

Wind Speed SW 3 mph

Barometer 30.23 in

Dewpoint 19°F (-7°C)

Visibility 10.00 mi

WINTER STORM WARNING NOW until

6:00am Sat

Winter Storm Warning

Today: Snow, mainly after noon. The snow could be heavy at times. Temperature rising to near 32 (0c) by noon, then falling to around 27 (-2.8c) during the remainder of the day. Light and variable wind becoming northeast 5 to 10 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

Chance Snow

then Heavy

Snow

High: 32 °F (0 C)⇓

Tonight: Snow, mainly before 1am. Low around 17 (-8.3c). Wind chill values as low as 5 (-15c). North wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.

Snow then

Snow Likely

Low: 17 °F (-8.3c)

Last update 20 Nov 9:55 am CST

Now there's a cold state! I remember when I bought a brand new Ford Van way back in my 20's, and I took some friends to a dog show in Minneapolis in the winter. I was told I better plug the car in at night which it didn't have. Nah, I said, it's brand new and the battery is fine. Well it didn't start the next morning. I had to get a jump!

Current Weather

Fair

34°F

1°C

Humidity 87%

Wind Speed SE 15 G 20 mph

Barometer 30.12 in

Dewpoint 30°F (-1°C)

Visibility 10.00 mi

Wind Chill 24°F (-4°C)

Last update 24 Nov 11:15 am CST

Forecast

Today - Mostly sunny, with a high near 36f (2.2c). Breezy, with a southeast wind 16 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph.

Tonight - Patchy fog after 9pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a temperature rising to around 39f (3.9c) by 11pm. Breezy, with a south southeast wind around 16 mph, with gusts as high as 23 mph.

Wednesday - Patchy drizzle before noon, then a chance of rain between noon and 3pm, then drizzle likely after 3pm. Areas of fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 42f (5.6c). Breezy, with a south wind 10 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Wednesday Night - A chance of drizzle before midnight, then rain likely after midnight. Cloudy, with a low around 34f (1c). Southwest wind 8 to 14 mph becoming north after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 18 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Thanksgiving Day - Snow. High near 34f (1c). Breezy, with a north wind 14 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

I'm afraid we're in for some freezing rain. I would rather have a foot of snow (easier to drive in). [biggrin]

Yesterday it was in the 50's and sunny. Beautifull out and today it was warmer. Must have hit in the 60's. They said it was supposed to be very nice out and it was. I was too busy working getting everything winterized to listen to the news. I guess snow is headed our way Monday.

How is the weather today.....Crappy!

Just 19C (68F) and raining!

It was a very hot night though, sleeping even under a ceiling fan wasn't that easy nd it was a disturbed night.

A few cooler days like this ahead apparently.

Edit: I didn't realise when I wrote this that we were to experience a day of gale-force winds. I bought the dog inside as I was worried about her blowing off the chain~

Archived