Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul Custom Maduro Brown

The Kid

Bought this Les Paul Custom "Maduro Brown V.O.S" in june last year (2014). I just have to say its really getting into my hands and feels awesome for every week that goes by. I absolutely LOVE this guitar and I will keep it as long as I live!

The rosewood fretboard and the Classic 57's makes the guitar sound even better than most Customs I've played (it's not the typical LP Custom specs). This is really quality in the finest =).

Btw, this Maduro Brown model was only made in 2012. Does anyone know how many there was made?

Thanx!

P.S: I switched the vol/tone-knobs to witchhats =P. Looks more vintage n cooler I think.

//J.Kid

"All about guitars is subjective"

post-70490-003490200 1446768792_thumb.jpg

I've seen your topic including a picture http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/120160-rosewood-maduro-brown-vosgloss/page__p__1646589#entry1646589 but would like to see some hi-res pics, too [love]

It is often very hard to tell how many items were made of a specific model. There are several rather rare Gibsons here but I'm unable to get infos on exact numbers.

Thanks for the reply =). I've edited the post and attached a quite high res pic to it.

Yes, its true. Would just be nice to know how many of these that actually was made. I know they disappeared from the Gibson catalogue after a specific numbers to be made.

... I know they disappeared from the Gibson catalogue after a specific numbers to be made.

This is what happens usually. No matter if announced or not, every Gibson model is basically limited. Most models are discontinued without notice, and Gibson reserves the right to make them again later to the same specifications.

P.S: I switched the vol/tone-knobs to witchhats =P. Looks more vintage n cooler I think.

//J.Kid

"All about guitars is subjective"

I guess I would have went with the VOS version, too. I prefer nickel over gold plating.

The witchhat knobs look great. They came stock on some SGs of mine, and I like their handling, too. On push/pull pots, however, I prefer speed knobs over everything else.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived