Gibson Brands Forums

Bridge Pin Size for Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-45ME

Epidano

Help!!

I'd like to replace the plastic bridge pins on my new Epiphone Masterbilt AJ-45ME with some made of harder material—either bone or ebony. Does anyone know what size pins are used on this guitar?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

I changed mine and had to make the holes slightly bigger - I'm not sure where I got them because I had them in a tin of guitar stuff. The holes I made bigger by - I really daren't tell you - using a point of a pair of scissors. I stuck it in the hole and gave it a gentle turn so that it scrapped off a little bit of the inside of each hole - it worked for me.But then I'm a touch crazy - I also polished the top of my AJ-45ME.

I have an Epi Hummingbird Pro and got my bridge pins from David Warther, www.guitarpartsandmore.com. Mine needed to be size 1, 1.3T to fit my guitar. I used a digital caliper to confirm the size. David sent them right out, and they fit great.

I changed mine and had to make the holes slightly bigger - I'm not sure where I got them because I had them in a tin of guitar stuff. The holes I made bigger by - I really daren't tell you - using a point of a pair of scissors. I stuck it in the hole and gave it a gentle turn so that it scrapped off a little bit of the inside of each hole - it worked for me.But then I'm a touch crazy - I also polished the top of my AJ-45ME.

I reckon I got the make do and mend mentality from my dad when I was a lad. He used to use a piece of glass as a plane - and it worked.

Archived