Gibson Brands Forums

100th ann. Les Paul

olie

i could be missing something olie, but to me it goes like this...

For a full year now Gibson has celebrated Les Paul's 100 by using a different logo on all LP related models. Now Epi does a single celebratory model almost at the end of 15 as a nod to the event. The variation in scale and length and timing of celebration is hugely biased towards Gibson - so they have not given the lead to Epiphone here. I guess as well as the $$ side of things, it is a belated chance for Epi buyers to get a commemorative model for themselves.

I could be missing something olie, but to me it goes like this...

For a full year now Gibson has celebrated Les Paul's 100...

Not Missing a thing, Scales.

Has anyone in the UK seen one (natural by preference) advertised anywhere this side of the Pond?

I rather fancy snapping one of those up myself....

Pip.

Steady, lads.

We're all in this fight together.

The Fender faithful mass their forces against us, and here we are bickering amongst ourselves.

We have scarce men to man the ramparts, and the scouts report that there are PRS insurgents coming in under the wire.

I need you to drop the anger and animosity, and dig deep, boyos.

Dig deep, and overcome the fear, for the night will be long, and there are those who would batter us with volley after volley of Ibanez solid-bodies and Gretsch cannonballs.

No, now is not the time for fighting inside our own ranks!

NOW is the time for spirited unity, and a Gibson/Epiphone partnership, much akin to the alliance between the Brits and the Yanks in WWII.

Shed the nonsense and the prickly anger, and ready yourself for the fight ahead!

Polish your steel by the fire light, and tighten up your harness.

I know that you will give it all you have got.

I have faith in you.

Godspeed, and I'll see ye on the moors by the dawn's early light!

[crying]

09f54a10e6b51f27f4bf1a65116435dc.jpg

Steady, lads.

We're all in this fight together.

The Fender faithful mass their forces against us, and here we are bickering amongst ourselves.

We have scarce men to man the ramparts, and the scouts report that there are PRS insurgents coming in under the wire.

I need you to drop the anger and animosity, and dig deep, boyos.

Dig deep, and overcome the fear, for the night will be long, and there are those who would batter us with volley after volley of Ibanez solid-bodies and Gretsch cannonballs.

No, now is not the time for fighting inside our own ranks!

NOW is the time for spirited unity, and a Gibson/Epiphone partnership, much akin to the alliance between the Brits and the Yanks in WWII.

Shed the nonsense and the prickly anger, and ready yourself for the fight ahead!

Polish your steel by the fire light, and tighten up your harness.

I know that you will give it all you have got.

I have faith in you.

Godspeed, and I'll see ye on the moors by the dawn's early light!

[crying]

Excellent post!!! [thumbup][biggrin]

Is there a point to anything you're saying?

I'm guessing Gobson wont make a 100th ann Les Paul till 2052...

Now I'm confused.

The Epi model in question, is literally called "100th ANNIVERSARY", to celebrate "Les' 100th BIRTHDAY".....

Anniversary...birthday...whatever, but which is it?

Is it also the 100th anniversary of Epiphone? THAT would be quite a coincidence.

Got a reply email from Anderton's today......

"There will be a Standard and a Custom. The Standards will be £599 and the Custom £899. Unfortunately Gibson do not provide ETAs so we have no idea when exactly these will be arriving."

Uh. Er?

So an Epi 100th Anniv LP Custom will cost £899 in the UK.

Too much for me, these days....

Guest Farnsbarns

"There will be a Standard and a Custom. The Standards will be £599 and the Custom £899. Unfortunately Gibson do not provide ETAs so we have no idea when exactly these will be arriving."

Uh. Er?

How 'kin' much?!?!?! Someone at Epiphone lost sight of the relationship between the brands and the market they are there to appeal to.

Now I'm confused.

The Epi model in question, is literally called "100th ANNIVERSARY", to celebrate "Les' 100th BIRTHDAY".....

Anniversary...birthday...whatever, but which is it?

Is it also the 100th anniversary of Epiphone? THAT would be quite a coincidence.

Birthday. I think Epiphone is 142 or 143?

Uh. Er?

Where are they made?

To me that price would be acceptable if those would be MIJ, and had Gibson pickups and hardware.

Love how it looks, the only thing on that awesome headstock that I don't like is the 3 screws on the trc.

How 'kin' much?!?!?! Someone at Epiphone lost sight of the relationship between the brands and the market they are there to appeal to.

Where are they made?

To me that price would be acceptable if those would be MIJ, and had Gibson pickups and hardware.

Love how it looks, the only thing on that awesome headstock that I don't like is the 3 screws on the trc.

TBH I'm not 100% sure the Anderton's reply is correct.

A Standard Custom and a Custom Custom? :-k#-o Huh? [confused]

All the Epi ads show a red one and a natural one and that's it.

Probably made in the same factory as all other higher-end Epi electrics....?

As for price I think it will be discounted a bit.

Archived