Gibson Brands Forums

les paul

dakotakid

I got a new Les Paul and I would like to learn out more of the history on it. Its is black and out lined in green sparkle. The number on it is CS 000360. Has 3 pickups on it and gold color nobs.

Sorry I can't help decode your serial number, maybe contact Gibson, but I would really like to see a black beauty LP outlined in green sparkle. I've never heard of that, unless someone just painted it that way. Post pictures. You'll get a more knowledgeable response soon I'm sure.

I got a new Les Paul and I would like to learn out more of the history on it. Its is black and out lined in green sparkle. The number on it is CS 000360. Has 3 pickups on it and gold color nobs.

I'm a total Gibson neophyte. Where, in the attached picture is the 3rd pickup?

Just guessing, but does the CS in the serial number stand for "Custom Shop"?

I'm a total Gibson neophyte. Where, in the attached picture is the 3rd pickup?

Just guessing, but does the CS in the serial number stand for "Custom Shop"?

Yes, sorry about this miss leading information to begin with. I was given this guitar and I am not familiar with guitars. I only has 2 pickups and is black with gold sparkle. I believe that's what the CS stand for but again not 100%.

Hello!

Custom Shop often issues one-off creations. If You follow Gibson Custom on FB, they post pictures of such oddities every day.

This guitar is clearly based on one of the R8/R9/R0 models. The neck thickness will tell which one exactly. The presence of the ABR-1 bridge, and - mainly - the headstock shape is what makes me believe this.

Probably, contacting Custom Shop would be the only fruitful action in this case.

Cheers... Bence

Archived