Gibson Brands Forums

Just like this.....

sellen

SG's are just so COOL!! [biggrin] I was lucky enough, to find a nice (2013) SG "Original,"

with a beautiful grain pattern as well, a couple of years ago.

DSC_1114copy_zps6aa1acd6.jpg

CB

The varicoloured string balls translate very funny on your SG's photo. [biggrin] What a pretty guitar! [thumbup]

That Original is a "Winner" Charlie [thumbup]

Got a original to, a bit more "Plain Jane" but still nice

Got a few sg's and don't need more really

Just thought it was cool to see Gibson doing this in 2016, with the cool specs

Larger headstock, small pickguard and i do fancy the look of the abr bridge

Yep. [thumbup] Looks like they finally nailed it.

I hate to say it, but I'm going to have to be the headstock-police on this.

While it's true a '61 SHOULD have a different, larger headstock, this isn't quite the right shape.

Still, REALLY nice looking guitar. But not quite what I would call an "accurate" reissue of a '61. So...NOT nailed?

While it's true a '61 SHOULD have a different, larger headstock, this isn't quite the right shape.

Still, REALLY nice looking guitar. But not quite what I would call an "accurate" reissue of a '61. So...NOT nailed?

Agree but that's the CS job

The headstock is bigger, look at the different spacing on tuners

160029518-serial-xlarge_zpsxjsdo59l.jpg

160025193-serial-xlarge_zps6sh8xybt.jpg

As for shape i like that Gibson slightly differs the shape, makes it interesting [biggrin]

Well anyway for me this one was designed good from Gibson USA Divison B)

Yeah, the original (Vinage) '61-64 had a more "square" shaped headstock, than the current version,

which may be the same (overall) size, but more "flanged out," if you like, especially, on the upper portion.

The Custom Shop "Historic's" are more accurate, in that regard. BUT...the new headstock shape is not

any kind of a "deal breaker," for me! I think it's quite attractive, even if it's not "historically

correct." As long as they retain those beautiful wider/deeper body bevels, and horn tapers, I'm good! [biggrin]

CB

• 3 weeks later...

Lovely Sg at Sweetwater.

ABR bridge ,larger headstock and nice grain

Yea that's the way to do it, gas gas gas [thumbup] (but i don't have the money <_< )

160025193-front-xlarge_zps9badaxws.jpg

Well that's bit of a shocker! I haven't been here for while and when I clicked on this thread I see the exact guitar I just bought about a 1 1/2 week ago. The grain actually looks a lot better in person than in Sweetwater's picture.

Well that's bit of a shocker! I haven't been here for while and when I clicked on this thread I see the exact guitar I just bought about a 1 1/2 week ago. The grain actually looks a lot better in person than in Sweetwater's picture.

Cool [biggrin]

Congrats with a stunning Sg [thumbup]

Archived